2nd Hand News
March 24-March 27
Hopefully, everyone had a restful spring break and spring is here to stay! During our first week back we continued with "Bossy R" spelling words (-er, -ir, -ur). In math, it was time to spiral back to addition and subtraction with regrouping, and the children didn't skip a beat showing recall on that important skill. The classroom dictionaries were cracked open again to search for March WordArt definitions, and reading groups have started portfolio work by making predictions and putting themselves in the shoes of a main character.
A FEW THINGS:
- While the days are still inconsistently cool at recess, please make sure short sleeves come to school with a spring jacket.
- Get your pajamas ready: Pajama Day is April 2, the day before Easter Break.
- Please send in a SHOEBOX for the children to make Worry Monsters in Wellness next week.
- In the near future, we will need gallon, pint, and quart containers for a capacity measurement unit, stay posted.
- School on on Monday? That means LIBRARY BOOKS. Thank you!
It was great getting together with parents this week. Have a good weekend!
With a smile,