Turkey Bingo Information
Greetings Charger Families!
This is the information regarding Turkey Bingo, which is slated for this evening and will take place at New Covenant United Methodist Church located at 2700 S. Boulevard. Games will start at 5:30 and run to 7:30, and doors for the event will open at 5:00. Below is a map that outlines where to park and the doors for you to enter the building.
- Please bring 1 canned item per family member, which will get you a bingo board.
- Individually wrapped desserts will be on sale for $1.
- Pre-ordered pizzas can be picked up at 5:15.
- There will also be a silent dessert auction for you to bid on during the event.
We hope that you can make it tonight, and we are excited for this event to return for the first time since November of 2019. We are also excited to have a larger venue to accommodate more people that hopefully can attend.
Please be sure to have the students dress tomorrow during school for the colder temperatures that we are in the weather forecast.
If we don't see you this evening, have a wonderful Thanksgiving break! Reminder, there is no school Monday through Friday next week. School will resume on Monday, November 28th. Happy Thanksgiving!
November 17 - Turkey Bingo (New Covenant ) 5:30 to 7:30
November 21 - 25 - No School for Thanksgiving Holiday
If your student is sent home sick...
i.e. - If a student got sick at school at 12:00 on a Tuesday, they can't return to class until after 12:00 on Wednesday, if they are feeling better. The same goes for those with a fever.
Please help us by keeping your student home if they have the flu or stomach bug, so we don't share with others at school. If you have a question please call the school.
Here are a few helpful points that may answer some questions you may have regarding attendance, especially if you have received an attendance letter:
- Why am I getting an attendance letter? Don't absences reset at each semester? -Attendance letters in Elementary are automatically generated after receiving 4, 7, 10, and 15 absences over the course of the ENTIRE year, not per semester. Students with 18 or more absences over the course of the year are considered chronically absent for the school year.
- If I receive an attendance letter, does that mean the school is concerned about my child's attendance? - If you receive a letter for 4 absences, at this point in the year, 4 absences are not a concern. That could change if the attendance is a pattern or a one-time issue. We are still required to send the letter, and that letter is just a reminder so parents can be aware of their child's attendance.
- What absences count towards this number? - Any absence that has a medical or bereavement note can be excused. If you call your child is sick, we keep a record of it, but unless there is a doctor's note, the absence will still be counted towards attendance unless we send them home because they got sick at school.
- 3 tardies or 3 early outs are equal to 1 absence - so please do your best at getting the students to school on time or try not to take them out early before the end of the day.
- If you have any other questions about attendance please feel free to send an email to: email@example.com
Click here for standards-based grading information for the 2022-23 school year.
Click here for all PTO Information (Cheddar Up, PTO Volunteer Opportunities, and more)
Click here to access the district student handbook
Annual Student Reveiw / Low Cost Home Internet / Passrod Rest Portal / Technology Information