Week of September 7th - September 11th
Message from Mrs. Reams
Week 2 is officially in the books! Great job all around working through a few Google hiccups and adjusting to our new way of administering instruction. The RES staff is loving connecting with your children and building relationships. I know I have enjoyed talking with many of you. Next week, I will begin joining google meets with all of the classes. I am looking forward to connecting with the kids! Thank you for the support of our teachers and staff. We are in this together! In the upcoming weeks, I would like to continue to connect with as many parents as possible. Be on the look out for these optional "Principal Chat" opportunities.
We want to know how things are going. Please fill out this survey providing us feedback on your experience thus far:GCPS Distance Learning Survey 2020-21 (Fall, English)
Encuesta de Aprendizaje a Distancia de GCPS 2020-21 (otoño)
Week at a Glance:
- 9/7 - LABOR DAY - NO SCHOOL
- 9/8 - Curbside Breakfast and Lunch Pick Up 1:00-1:30pm @ RES
- 9/8 - Welcome back to Virtual Learning @ 8:30am
- 9/10 - Curbside Breakfast and Lunch Pick Up 1:00-1:30pm @ RES
- 9/10 - Kindergarten packet drive thru pick up 2:00-3:00pm @ RES
- 9/11 - Asynchronous download ready at 5:00pm via SeeSaw (Pre-K-3) or Schoology (4th&5th)for students not attending live instruction from home or on site at RES
- MAPS testing the week of Sept 14th - 18th (see communication from teachers)
- 9/25 - Student Holiday/Teacher Professional Day
All Things Encore:
1. Encore codes have changed to a nickname format in the same way that classroom codes have. You can access here:
2. Fun Fridays: PK, K, 3rd and 5th all have Fun Friday this week and should check their time on the calendar at the end of the slide deck linked above. Please email any of our encore teachers with questions. They are happy to help!
Please continue to reach out with any questions, concerns and celebrations.
Have a great evening,
iPad Insurance Information
As part of our overall effort to engage our students in their learning and to accomplish our mission to maximize the potential of every learner, Goochland County Public Schools provides all of our students with outstanding technology resources in the form of Apple iPads and MacBooks. This year these devices are an essential link to learning during our phased reopening plan.
We charge a low ($20 per student iPad/$30 per student MacBook laptop) insurance premium each year that allows our staff to repair devices, provide replacement or loaner devices, and covers one replacement device in the event of severe damage or loss. Without the insurance premium, the family risks assuming the full cost of repairs.
These premiums can be paid by credit card online through your child's online payment system, which you can find at https://osp.osmsinc.com/Goochland/BVModules/CategoryTemplates/Detailed%20List%20with%20Properties/Category.aspx?categoryid=AQ006
If this premium cost is a hardship for your family at this time, please contact the bookkeeper at your child's school to set up a payment plan. The insurance premium should be paid for each student with a device in your family.
Please pay your insurance premium now to ensure that your child's device is covered for this school year. Thank you for your support!
Families with Students On Site
Need to change your transportation? Please communicate to the office via phone or email by 1:00pm on the day of your change. Thank you!
We are exploring the possibility of offering an early release option through our transportation department. Please take a moment to respond to this survey: ttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJe3V6kaP5U63oJnRfrUFbzOndgaEW8mIodFqdAuFTRvntjA/viewform?usp=sf_link
to let us know whether or not you would like to take advantage of this opportunity. Please note that bus transportation mid-day would NOT be to a child's home as this would require a significant amount of resources. Students who sign up for mid-day transportation would be dropped off at specific locations across the county as identified by our transportation department.
Please complete the survey not later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, September 10th. We will use the information collected from the survey to determine our next steps. Please don’t hesitate to send me an email if you have any further questions. We look forward to hearing from you!