College Planning for Seniors
Here are the top 3 things seniors should be doing this month:
1. Start applying to your top college choices. Visit the college's website to begin the application process.
2. Attend a College Fair. If you missed the Cuming County College and Military Fair, check out this list to register for upcoming College Fair opportunities.
3. Start exploring and applying for scholarships. Use the Wisner-Pilger Scholarships List to search for scholarships. Make sure you are logged into your school Google account to access the list. Explore scholarship opportunities on college websites and make note of important scholarship due dates.
The Scholarship List
Please note that there are three tabs at the bottom:
- The first is for national, state and regional scholarships. Many of these are open and some have due dates starting in October!
- The second tab is for Wisner-Pilger scholarships. The applications for these scholarships will be released in February.
- The last tab links to scholarship pages for specific colleges.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Opens!
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Tutorials
This webinar is offered during the following times:
October 6th @ 6:30 pm
October 7th @ 6:30 (Spanish)
October 8th @ 1:00 pm
October 14th @ 7:00 pm
October 18th @ 6:30 pm
October 19th @ 7:00 pm (Spanish)
October 27th @ 6:30 pm
College Visit/Job Shadow Day: Wednesday, October 13th
All seniors should set up a college visit or job shadow experience on this day. The expectation is that they will not report to school but must attend a college visit or attend a job shadow experience. Seniors should start making reservations now for campus visits.
Financial Aid Night for Parents of Senior Students
Wednesday, Sep. 29th, 7pm
Wisner-Pilger Public Schools, NE, USA
RSVPs are enabled for this event.