Online Reg. Duplicate Student
Created with the assistance of Sherry Bell
When a parent attempts to add, through Online Registration, a student that has similar criteria to a student already in Teams, a message window will appear telling the parent the student already exist and to contact their student's campus.
If the parent calls your campus, there are several possible solutions. First, search for the student in Teams. Take note, names could be misspelled.
Option 1: The student is in Teams and attended last school year
Option 2: The student is in Teams but did not attend last school year
How to Create a Placement Record
- Go to Student Management in TEAMS
- Click Maintain Student Placement
- Populate the fields accordingly, using next year as the Begin Year.
- Select Placement Request Reason: Online Registration
- Select Placement Status: Approved
- Select Placement Status Date: current date and time
- Leave Annual Review set to No
- Click Add
- Contact the parent and inform them to log out of Online Registration to refresh their account.
- Have the parent log in and register the new student.
Option 3: The student is BRAND NEW
· If the student is indeed a brand new student (that happens to share a name and possibly DOB with another student) then you can give the parent a Bypass Code of ‘gc2016’. The code is to be typed into the Bypass Code field in Online Registration and it allows the parent to continue with new student registration.