Westwood Secondary Announcements
Home of the Rebels
Date: Friday, September 29, 2023 Day: 27
Chicken Wings or Chef Salad- Tri Tators
Today in Sports:
7pm Varsity Football @ Logan Magnolia
(Tickets must be purchased online, no tickets will be sold at the door, Tickets for Football at Logan-Magnolia )
Late Bus: 6pm
You must sign up each day by 1pm in order to ride.
Anyone grades 9-12 interested in winter e-sports (Rocket League) OR Spring e-sports (Mario Kart) Please sign up on the sheet hanging outside of Mr. Schaffer's door (Room 123)
- It was a nice day to run. Congratulations to Max Maynard and Easton Kepner for setting new PRs. Also Amyllia Sampson for cutting a minute and 22 seconds off last year's time. Nice job runners!!
9-12 Vocal Students Please see the following link for ordering T-shirts.
Due by Sunday evening.
- Permission Forms for the Build My Future Event in Sioux City are due TODAY, Friday 9/29!
- Juniors interested in taking the PSAT, please email Mrs. Smits. The cost is $15.00 and testing will be taking place at Westwood during the morning of October 18.
More information @:PSAT
- All juniors and seniors are invited to attend the College & Career Fair @ Mapleton high school on Tuesday, Oct. 3. Interested Juniors and Seniors, please contact Mrs. Smits for a pass to attend.
- Link to streaming for Friday's Football game @ Logan-Magnolia. Streaming
- On October 1st there is a need for volunteers for the Walk to End Alzheimer's. If interested please see Mrs. Muenchrath. These hours will count towards your community service.
- The Athletic Trainer is here every Tuesday morning at 9am.
Important Info. from Mrs. Smits:
ACT/College/Career planning for all Juniors & Seniors!
To register visit my.act.org
FFA Senior Spotlight For October
Next up for Senior Spotlight is Yadira Angulo!
How have you been involved in our chapter? ”I have participated in livestock judging, meats judged, food science, AG Day, and FFA grilling.”
What are your plans after high school? “I plan on going to college to be either a dental hygienist or a teacher.”
How has FFA and Ag impacted your future career choice? “FFA has allowed me to grow my leadership skills.”
What advice would you give to someone wanting to join FFA? “Show up to meetings and get involved, it is very fun!”
What is your favorite memory of FFA? “My favorite memory was getting 3rd in the state for food science.