Schoology and Academy District 20
Where Learning Happens │ June 29, 2018
Pilot Teachers - It's Time to Login!
- Go to asd20.schoology.com. It's best to use a desktop or a laptop the first time you login. Chrome is the preferred browser.
- For your initial login, use your complete email address: email@example.com
- Subsequent logins will not require your complete email address. Schoology should remember you.
Your first steps:
Your first step will be to join our ASD20 Getting Started with Schoology course. This course will walk you through some of the basics about using Schoology as a Learning Management System.
- Login at asd20.schoology.com
- Click on “Courses” in the top menu bar.
- Click on “See All Courses” at the far right.
- Click the “Join a Course” button on the right.
- Use this course Access Code: 5XK69-CHSJH.
At this time, you’ll only see the beginnings of the course. More units will appear as we progress along our journey.
Were you previously a Schoology Basic user?
Great! We have a special webinar coming soon to help guide you through the transition from the Basic to the Enterprise version.
What about my ALEC files?
You will be able to import your ALEC files into Schoology. To assist in this process, we are creating backups for you. When that process is complete, we will let you know and provide instructions plus optional face-to-face help sessions to assist in the process. We do not recommend creating your own backup at this point in time.
Tell me more!
What you’ll be able to do:
Once you login, you’ll be able to both create units, lessons and resources and start your professional learning experience.
What you won’t be able to do:
You won’t be able to create a custom class at the moment. Classes will be imported for teachers from IC later. Don’t worry, creating in Resources is the best practice with Schoology. IC grade integration and parent account access won’t be initially ready, either. As we make progress with those features we’ll communicate updates.
Want some face-to-face guided help?
Visit the course calendar in Schoology for dates and time of upcoming drop-in support sessions. We're offering face-to-face drop-in sessions next week from 9-11:30 at the EAC, Spruce 3 on the following days:
- Monday, July 2
- Friday, July 6
We will continue these sessions weekly throughout summer.
Need Technical Help?
- Contact your DLC regarding any District apps that need to be integrated. They'll submit a Help Desk ticket if it something that can be integrated.
- Having technical troubles? Submit a Help Desk ticket (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject heading "Schoology."
How do I start?
Begin curating and creating your units, lessons, materials in Resources. It's the best practice in the long term. You'll be able to create the same content here as in an active course and be able to copy that material to your course(s) before school starts.
Join our Getting Started with Schoology course in Schoology (join code: 5XK69-CHSJH). Here you'll find introductory tips and foundational practices. This course will develop with us as we travel along our Schoology journey, so keep visiting!
Visit us during our summer drop-in sessions for personalized instruction. See next week's dates and times above and in your Schoology calendar (after you have joined the course).
Take a peek at the video below on managing your Resources. (Note: Schoology changed it's navigation appearance 2 weeks ago. Their tutorials are in the process of being updated. The process you will see is still the same, but some things may appear slightly different.)
Learning Services and Digital Integration Services are partnering with Schoology to develop our training program. You will be receiving online and face-to-face learning and support opportunities.
There are two (2) courses for you to join:
- In Schoology - Getting Started with Schoology = this is growing and developing course to walk you through the process of getting to know Schoology. Join code = 5XK69-CHSJH.
- In the SPOT - Schoology Support for Pilot Participants: Foundations and Best Practices = this is where you register in order to receive credit for your work. Course ID=1819-017-20.
In time, this process will become more streamlined and Schoology will link with our Professional Learning program at ASD20.
Your support will include online instruction and resources in the Schoology platform, face-to-face drop in sessions throughout the summer and school year, webinars, plus additional workshops and formal training opportunities. Do you need instant support? Schoology has an extensive resource collection to help, too!
Keep logging your hours!
As with any new adventure, there are questions and concerns. We'd love to hear them! Submit your questions, comments and concerns, and we'll do our best to address them in the following weekly newsletter.