Top TEN News @ Weston
August 2nd, 2019
1. We will begin using School Dismissal Manager on August 19th. This online system will help organize our dismissal process. All GCSC K-6 students will use this for their daily dismissal communication. More information to come. Watch the video below to learn more.
2. FAMILY EDUCATION AND PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT: The law guarantees your family rights to privacy in school matters. You must notify the principal by September 1, or within fifteen days of enrollment (whichever is later in the school year) if you do not want your child's photo or name to appear in school-sponsored publications. This includes, newsletters, school directories, honor roll or awards lists, promotion rosters, athletic programs, etc.
3. Riley Kids Community Fundraiser: Please consider supporting the kids receiving care at Riley Hospital while helping celebrate Ben’s Pretzel’s 4th Anniversary Celebration! Customers who donate $1 to Riley Hospital receive a large soft pretzel. The goal is give away 1,000 pretzels and raise $1,000. Celebrate and donate at the Ben's Pretzels located in the Greenfield Walmart on Sunday, August 4th, from 12pm to 6pm.
4. We are looking for adult volunteers interested in helping us grow our 3rd graders through reading with them on a weekly basis. Learn more at uwci.org/readup/ @uwci
5. We will begin our first round of NWEA assessments next week. All grades K-10 will participate in this online assessment. See the attached letter that can explain the process and what to expect.
6. All K-3 students have been issued an iPad for this year. Insurance paperwork can be downloaded below. To learn about the expectations please watch this parent info video (approx. 4 minutes long): https://youtu.be/8rDfo4E6yVs
7. School Clinic: Do you have medication that your child will take on a regular basis? Please bring this to the office. Students should NOT bring this in their backpacks. Our office is open daily from 7:00-3:00. Do you have immunization records that have been updated? Send to Mrs. Sara Potter. email@example.com Add Health Dept.
8. LUNCH - VISITORS: Visitors can begin eating with students after Labor Day. Thank you for your patience as we are using the first month to get our procedures in order. Be aware that you will need to have a valid ID to eat with your child.
9. Lunch Accounts - Greenfield-Central is once again using www.ezschoolpay.com to put lunch money in your child’s lunch account (there is a small fee and you will need your child’s student number found on Powerschool). If you send money with your child please place it in an envelope or baggie in their take home folder. Make sure student and teacher’s names are listed. Please be sure to keep your child’s lunch account in good standing. Additionally, our cafeteria computer system does not have the capabilities to put a “block” on student lunch accounts for purchasing extra lunch items. You will want to make sure your child is on the same page as you when it comes to spending lunch account money. Reminder . . . . The cafe does not have the ability to give change. If you are buying lunch be sure to have the exact amount. If you must overpay the excess will be applied to the student’s account.
10. Textbook Rental & Supply Fees are due a.s.a.p. Please contact Rene Guzman in our office to schedule payment. firstname.lastname@example.org
NWEA Assessment Info
From Dr. Olin
Golden Girls & Jr. Blue Fusion
2019-2020 School Calendar
The 2020-2021 School Calendar can be found at https://www.gcsc.k12.in.us/