PKES PANTHER PRESS
Parent Survey Reminder
The South Carolina Department of Education partners with the Education Oversight Committee to deliver a parent survey. The responses to this survey help school and district leaders understand how parents feel about the school. A link to this survey is being sent to the parents or guardians of every student in South Carolina.
If you have multiple children, you might get several links. We are only asking you to complete one survey for each school your children attend. You are permitted to complete one survey for each of your children if you would like to, but only one survey for each school is needed.
Thank you in advance for giving us your feedback.
The survey will remain open until April 14. Please see below for steps on how to access the survey.
How do you access the survey from a web browser?
1) Log in to PowerSchool Parent Portal
2) Click on “Forms” in the Navigation bar on the left side of the page
3) Click the link for the Parent School Climate Survey
4) Follow the instructions and submit the form
How do you access the survey from the PowerSchool App?
1) Open the PowerSchool App
2) Tap on “More”
3) Tap on “Forms”
4) Tap on Parent School Climate Survey
5) Follow the instructions and submit the form
You may need to sign out and sign back in on the app to access the survey.
We also have QR codes available for parents who wish to use that to access the survey. Since these are individualized, you will need to contact Mr. Bosch at Boschr@fortmillschools.org to get the QR code for your child.
We greatly appreciate the feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out should you have any questions.
Back by Popular Demand: PKES Take Home Kits
A grant was received from The Foundation for Fort Mill Schools to develop Take Home Kits for our Panther Families to spend quality time together at home. Last year, 106 Panther Families borrowed kits! To sign up to receive a kit, please complete the form below. The kit will be delivered to your child's classroom. Complete the activities at home and respond on our Flip Grid Forum to share about your Take Home Kit experience. Return the kit to school. (Consumable items will be replenished by PKES.) Don't forget to respond to our Flip Grid, instructions will be included in your Take Home Kit, and tweet pictures of your family using our Take Home Kit using #PanthersEngaged.
We are SO excited to bring back duty free lunches for teachers! To sign up or find out more information, please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c4fa9ad2ea5f58-teacher.
Due to increased security protocols and limited seating, parents and guardians may join their child during their lunch period up to four times per year per child. Visitors coming for lunch should limit the number of adults to two per visit.
- Our front office will keep a record of parent visits for lunch.
- For safety reasons, parents visiting for lunch will only be allowed to visit the cafeteria.
- We ask that families work together on lunch passes. Due to the size of our school and the cafeteria capacity, we will not be able to make any exceptions to the four visit limit.
- The PKES Staff and Administration will not mediate between split families in regards to using passes. We are unable to limit specific visitors if they are on the approved contact/pickup list.
- At least one of the visitors each visit must be on the approved contact list (pickup list). If you would like to add someone to that list, please send an email to Tanya Hudson at email@example.com with the name of your child and the person or persons you would like to add.
- All visitors will be required to show a form of identification to visit lunch/visit our school.
- Students will not be allowed to have a friend sit with them when a parent is visiting for lunch.