RC Mac Community News
Dear Parents and Students,
On May 6th the BC Government introduced the ReStart Plan. I want to assure you that here at RC MacDonald School we will continue with the school routines we have recently established during this period of Continuous Learning from home for the time being.
I look forward to learning more about the BC Government's ReStart Plan and anticipate the Ministry of Education will provide more details to specific guidelines for safe return to school. Our school district leadership team will determine next steps and carefully plan for everyone's health, safety and continued learning. I will let you know immediately if there is a process involving parent consultation in this regard. Thanks always for your continued patience and your dedication to your children’s education both from home and at school.
Hope your week goes smoothly without too many line ups!
- Here is the correct survey link for parents for the SD43 Strategic Plan Video: Directions 2025 Strategic Planning (Youtube), Survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/Directions2025 (Survey Monkey)
- Ease into Talking about feelings with your child with these prompts and books - see attachment
- Love bikes? Love making videos? This contest is for you. Good Luck!
- Have you ever wondered about violins and other string instruments? This video is for you!
- Do you have a rubics cube at home but don’t know how to solve it? This video is for you!
May 14th Yearbook Cover Art due
May 16,17,18 Victoria Day Long Weekend!
May 19th School Based Pro D Day
May 25th PAC Meeting on Zoom
May 27th Welcome to Kindergarten - Pick Up a "Welcome Bag", Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
June 21st Father's Day
June 25th Report Card Pick Up
Do you have some great photos from the school year on your phone? Please add candids to the yearbook using this link . If you have Halloween or Christmas photos or a proper Toy Story cast photo that would be great. So far I have uploaded Terry Fox (district run), Skating, Twin Day, Snow Days, Staff Halloween photo, a few Toy Story, Parade, and general candids in the forest.
Yearbook Cover Art - Please submit art to the Office this week. Mrs. Roberts will phone you on Friday if yours is chosen for the cover.
HUB Bike Reels Contest
Hi HUB Supporter,
Our Second Annual Bike Reels Contest is back! The Bike Reels contest is for youth 18 years and under and encourages them to make a short 60 - 90 second video about a cycling related activity. There are some great prizes:
- Grand prize of $300 cash sponsored by BCAA, a $50 Long & McQuade gift card AND a ukulele!
- K - Grade 5 & Grades 6-12 runner-up prizes: two winners of $100 BestBuy gift cards and two winners of $100 Sport Chek gift cards
KAREN MEETS THE STRING FAMILY
Join Karen Pang and some musicians from the Australian Chamber Orchestra on the set of ACO’s There’s a Sea in my Bedroom at Sydney Opera House. Learn about the string family and how musical techniques can be used to create mood, character and setting.