10 ways to be safe on the internet
by Joshua Ibach
1. Never post your personal information, such as cell phone number, address, or the name of your school.
2. Be aware that information you give out through social networking sites instant messages, emails, and blogs could put you at risk to bullying and other types of victimization.
3. Never meet in person with anyone you first met on the internet.
4. Remember that posting information about your friends could put them at risk.
5. Never respond to harassing or rude texts and emails. delete any unwanted messages or friends who continuously leave inappropriate comments.
6. Never give out your password to anyone other than your parent or guardian.
7. If you wouldn't say something to a persons face don't post it online.
8. Only add people as friends to your site if your site if you know them in real life.
9. Think before posting your photos. DO NOT post or send semi-nude or nude pictures of yourself or someone else.
10. Use the privacy settings of the social networking sites.