Great things are happening at Crestwood Secondary Campus!
- March 4 -
It snowed again! - 2 hour delay -
This year's Sophomore began the scheduling process for the 2019 - 2020 school year. Click this link: https://www.smore.com/m03gv to view the newsletter with details.
- March 5 -
ELA Training - grades 6 & 7 teachers 8AM - 2:30 PM
Secondary Academic Committee meeting 2:40 PM - 4:10 PM
Creating a Vision for a Good Life parent seminar - resched. to 3/13
- March 6 -
Building Liaison meeting 7:15 AM
Secondary PTA Meeting - 6:30 PM
- March 7 -
Department Chair meeting 7:15 AM
LCCTM math competition @ Wilkes University
CSD Advisory Committee Meeting 6:00 PM
Band Parent Meeting 6:00 PM
- March 8 - The Boys Basketball PIAA plays in the first round of state playoffs. Game time 6PM versus Frankford High School at Wilkes University Martz Center.
Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science results!
PJAS Regional Meeting held at Wilkes University Saturday, March 2, 2019
Dhruv Patel - Scholarship - Penn State Worthington - $2500 a year for 4 years
Brooke Weiss - Scholarship - LCCC - Early college tuition for 3 credits
Nicole Joseph - Excellence Award Senior High Botany
Hana Bader -Excellence Award Senior High Math
Erin Barno - Excellence Award Junior High Botany
Kaitlyn Leicht - Excellence Award Junior High Math
Overall results - 34 First Awards and 3 Seconds Awards
--All First Award winners advance to States
check out the full list of winners in the attachment below
Odyssey of the Mind Regional competition
Saturday, March 9th, 8am
Pocono Mountain West High School Panther Lane, Pocono Summit, PA, USA
11 teams will be representing Crestwood School District at the 2019 Odyssey of the Mind Regional Tournament, spanning Rice Elementary and the Secondary Campus (middle and high school teams). There are approximately 80 students, 22 coaches, and 36 volunteers representing the district on Saturday, March 9, 2019 at Pocono Mountain West High School, which is a quick 45 minute ride!
We welcome you to attend to see how hard these students have worked on creative problem solving over the last six months. #GOCOMETS!
Comet Card fundraiser
$15 discount card with over 20 local merchants with $100's discounts that can be used over and over for a whole year!
Support our students and our local businesses at the same time.
Below is a link to the flyer and order form - OR - you can check out the online store for more options at http://bit.ly/crestwoodmiddle
March 2019 events on the horizon
- March 9 - Odyssey of the Mind Regional Competition @ Pocono Mountain West HS. Check out the awards ceremony streaming live at http://nepaootm.com/wp/
- March 10 - Daylight Saving Time begins
- March 11 -
Secondary Academic Committee meeting 2:40 - 4:15 PM
Early College/Young Scholar parent informational meeting - 6:00 PM
- March 12 -
This year's Juniors begin the scheduling process for the 2019 - 2020
school year. A newsletter with grade specific information will be emailed to
families after these meetings.
Chorus Krispy Kreme fundraiser begins
Teacher PLC meetings 2:40 - 4:10 PM
- March 13 -
11th grade ELA curriculum writing professional development
Creating a Vision for a Good Life parent seminar 6:00 PM (rescheduled)
Senior Lock IN committee meeting 6:30 PM - room 4
- March 14 - Life Skills field trip - Chaco's & David's coffee shop
- March 20 - 9th grade ELA curriculum writing professional development
- March 20 - 22 - Regional Chorus Festival @ Canton High School
- March 21 -
Department Chair meeting 7:15 AM
New Teacher Induction Program meeting 3:45 PM @ FV
CSD Board of Directors Meeting 6:30 PM
- March 22 -
PHEAA Junior Jumpstart program during English classes
YES field trip - Hazleton Wellness Center
Hoops for Hope fundraiser - 6:00 PM
- March 26 -
Talent Show - Chorus fundraiser - 6:30 PM
Luzerne County Band Festival, Dallas HS
- March 27 -
Children's Produce Market food distribution 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Region IV String Fest, Lewisburg Area HS
- March 28 - Watershed team field trip to Kirby Park
- March 29 - Put a Cap on Cancer - NJHS fundraiser to support Leukemia research
UPDATED SCHOOL CALENDAR!
Save the date for these important spring 2019 events
· April 23 - Spanish National Honor Society induction program
· April 27 - Prom @ Genetti’s Hazleton
· May 9 – FBLA Day @ Railriders game PNC Field
· May 10 - 7th & 8th grade dance
· May 14 - French National Honor Society induction program
· May 20 - National Business Honor Society induction program
· May 23 – 7th & 8th grade @ Railriders game PNC Field
· May 28 - National Junior Honor Society induction program (grs. 7 & 8)
· May 29 - National Honor Society induction program
· TBD – 7th & 8th grade trip to Knoebels ParkSunday June 9 - Graduation - @ Mohegan Sun Arena ** snow days may force this date to June 12**stay tuned for updates!!!
Click the banner and log in to join the Facebook group for up to the minute information about activities, fundraisers, and ways you can support the 2019 Senior Lock In.
Upcoming sporting events ...
Spring sports practice has begun!