A Weekly Newsletter From Grant School & the Grant PTA
Week of October 27, 2020
Dear Grant Community,
*Cruise up to the front of Grant School between 1 pm and 3 pm on October 30th (this Friday)
*Mask up and roll down the window and we'll deliver a Halloween goodie bag. A Grant staff member will be there to make sure everyone gets one!
*Come in costume or just roll by to say hello and get your bag 'o fun!
* Please email a photo of your students in their costumes to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like them to be a part of the virtual Grant Halloween parade next week!
A Holiday Safety Note From Our PCS Nurses
The health and safety of our community are of the utmost importance this holiday season. Our celebrations will need to be altered this year, but we can still preserve the holiday spirit while following the important public health recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We want to ensure that all of our PCS families celebrate safely this year. This guidance from the Sonoma County Health Department and the CDC addresses health and safety considerations for the upcoming holiday events, including Halloween and Thanksgiving, and recommends fun alternatives that pose lower risk of spreading the virus. Please refer to these guidelines and enjoy the holidays safely!
PCS School Nurses
Dana Rodriguez, RN PHN CSN
Kristin Bianchi, RN PHN CSN
Genevieve Foster, FNP
Ramona Popa, RN CSN
BEST Ticket Students: 4th-6th Graders
BEST Ticket prizes available for pick up in the office!
- Anthony Torliatt for working so hard to be focused during Zoom. It's not easy and he is persevering!
- Jaelynn Wilson for having so much focus and attention during Zoom! Her teacher always sees her doing exactly what she has asked students to do. She's working hard, asking questions, and is ready to learn!
- Emma Vogel for her amazing perseverance and cooperation in class! She is a hard worker and helps others, too!
- Rhone Ceres for his awesome flexibility & problem-solving during class! Such important life skills to have at such a young age!
Jack Costello for his positive attitude, asking questions, being helpful to others, and always having a sense of humor!
Dante Azevedo for having great constructive suggestions for distance learning, keeping things “real” during this craziness, and making us laugh!
Bianca Valceschini for asking questions when she doesn't understand, enthusiastically participating in zoom classes, and doing her independent work when assigned!
Kaleo Kolp for his commitment to his own learning. He actively participates in zoom and comes to office hours regularly just to "check-in" and make sure he is doing his work correctly!
Jack Maclaine for going up and beyond and doing stretch work on Wednesdays!
Jaron Hight for staying on top of his work and always giving his best effort on assignments!
Kona Ice Drive-Thru This Thursday, 10/29 4:00-6:00 pm
Mary's (West Side) Dine & Donate, 11/2
On November, 2nd, Mary's (West side location only) will donate 20% of receipts for take-out, delivery and gift cards back to Grant. Support Local! If you need gift cards for the holidays, you can't go wrong with Mary's.
Picture Days! Please See Schedule Below:
Original Works Gifts
Petaluma Library Virtual Events!
Dear Educators and Community Partners,
We hope this message finds you well and you are all staying safe. We miss seeing you at the library SO much!! Below are some links that may be helpful. Please check it out when you get a chance.
We are not publishing a monthly calendar at this time, but we are offering a variety of virtual events.
Please call us if you have any questions, 707-763-9801.
In the Thank You Column:
- Big thank you to Ms. Shantina and her daughter for putting together our Halloween goodie bags! That was a lot of work and we love you for it!!
- Thank you to Rosalie Thompson for organizing our Kona Ice event this week!
- Thank you to Round Table for hosting a Dine & Donate for Grant!