THE EPIC EVENT
Registration Deadline Approaching: Monday, September 21
We're getting creative to keep families engaged, serving others, and having FUN!
That's why we are so excited to share this exciting news with you!
In September, we're pulling four great events together into one epic family drive-in event!
- Walk & Serve is now the Park & Serve.
- Clover 5K is now virtual and packets can be picked up that night.
- The Franklin County 4-H Recognition Program will proceed as a drive-in on a big screen!
- The grand finale will be a drive-in feature movie on the big screen for a fun family night out.
How will it work?
- Thursday, September 24 - Moana (2016, Movie length: 1 hr 36 min.)
- Friday, September 25 - Aladdin (2019, live-action version, Movie length: 2 hrs)
- Saturday, September 26 - Toy Story 4 (2019, Movie length: 1 hr and 31 min.)
Families will drive in off of Northwest Parkway and enter at Gate 5 to check-in. They will be directed to their parking spot where they are expected to stay in their car or stay close to their car - sitting in chairs around the car is acceptable but please maintain social distance from other families.
- 6:00 - 7:45: Park & Serve
- 7:45 - 8:15: Recognition Program on the Big Screen
- 8:15: Feature Movie
This EPIC event will be held in the Burke Barn at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. Because it is an indoor drive-in event, parking spots are limited, so you must register. Families will need to select one night to attend - either September 24, 25, or 26. The recognition program will be the same every night, just a change in the feature movie offered.
Each family may bring ONE vehicle for this event. If your family requires more than one vehicle, please contact Rachel at email@example.com, immediately to reserve an additional parking space. Parking attendants will be placed in the Burke to help ensure that we are following social distancing guidelines and to make sure that everyone has a view of the screen.
Utilizing the Burke Barn allows for the event to take place rain or shine. The many garage-type doors will be left open to allow for lots of ventilation and airflow. Families must stay in or by they car. Social distancing and masks are required if you exit your car. Vehicle spots are limited and are reserved on a first come, first served basis. Register today!
Registration Link: go.osu.edu/2020epicevent
Registration Opens - September 1st
Registration Closes - September 21st
Annual Recognition Program
We will be utilizing a 30 foot inflatable screen, a video projector, and an FM transmitter to bring the celebration to your vehicle!
Park & Serve
For the past 7 years we have had over half of the clubs in Franklin County come together to serve the community by providing hands-on service projects to complete for area non-profit organizations. The club members would work with visitors to teach them how to complete the project and to tell them about the organization it would be donated to. Non-profits in Central Ohio still need donations and we still need to demonstrate 4-H's commitment to serving others!
This year, clubs are using their creative juices to package their projects in zip top bags for family units to do at the Park & Serve. Each night, there will be 4-5 featured non-profits and activities. Vehicles will be assigned parking spaces that allow plenty of space for families to bring lawn chairs to sit by their vehicle and complete the activities in the bags.
What to bring?
- Colored pencils, markers, pens or crayons since many activities include writing notes of encouragement!
- Card table if possible (optional)
Projects will be in zip top bags with instructions. Some may have gloves to wear while handling the items, as an added layer of caution for the recipient.
- Families are asked to take plenty of time to complete the project. Quality is important.
- Be careful to keep the projects clean and off of the ground/dirty areas.
- Put the completed project back into the bag and be ready to turn it in as you driving to the exit of the event.
Virtual Clover 5K - What are you running for?
What does that mean?
- Participants will choose their own location to run/walk the 5K.
- They will use their bib number and log in information to enter their time on the official Clover 5K website.
- Awards will still be given for all of the age categories (see Clover 5K website for details)
- Participants are asked to complete the 5K between September 26 and October 10.
New promotional opportunity! I'm running for...
- Encourage others to participate by submitting a picture or video.
- Send us a picture or video of you supporting 4-H during the run and we will highlight some of the pictures on our social media!
- You can mention the Park & Serve and/or one of the non-profits and encourage others to join you in your support. You can hold up a sign, or say, "I'm running for..."
- Everyone will still receive a commemorative comfortable t-shirt and goodie bag!
- If members help promote it, that will be something they can include on their 2021 Award Forms as 4-H Awareness or Promotion.
- The money raised helps to support the 4-H program including the Park & Serve (aka Walk & Serve) where 4-H clubs join forces to help over 15 non-profits from Central Ohio.
- Did you already register for the Clover 5K back in the spring? Great! Your registration has already been automatically moved to the virtual Clover 5K.
- If you haven't done a 5K before, this is a great opportunity to try it - from the comfort of your own sidewalk, path, or treadmill! Plus, there's the added benefit of having a longer time period to take your run/walk. And don't forget, it's for a great cause!
Clover 5k Registration
There will be over 100 virtual runners for the Clover 5K and we would like their goodie bag to be full! Do you or someone you know own a business that would like to donate some coupons or free products?
Ideas include lip balm, hand sanitizer, granola bars, hair care samples, toothbrush (can have dentist name on it), drink powders, candy that doesn't melt, discounts, and coupons.
Donation levels are explained on the 4HCouncil.org website. Questions?
Clubs could also donate:
- goodie bag items
- gift cards for Clover 5K winners
- door prizes for the Park & Serve, Recognition Program, and Movie night
(September 24, 25 and 26)
Donations are needed by September 21. Please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop-off time.
OSU Extension, Franklin County
For an accessible format of this publication, visit cfaes.osu.edu/accessibility.