The Strawbridge Story
May 1, 2016
What's coming up?...
May 6, Edison School Fair, 6-9pm*
May 10, PTA, 6:30pm*
May 13, Early Dismissal Day, Field Day for Grades 3-5
May 19, Arts Night, 7:00-8:30pm
May 19, Board of Education meeting, RMS media center, 7pm
May 25, NJ ASK 4 Science Test, 4th grades 8:45-10:45am
May 25, Last Day of Library
May 25, PreK to K night, Jennings School, 7:00-8:30pm
May 27, Spirit Day
May 30, No School, Memorial Day
May 31, Grades 4-5 Instrument/Chorus Concert, High School Auditorium, 7:30pm
*PTA sponsored event
Warmer weather is here, sorta. Please continue to send in water bottles daily, our rooms still don't have AC!
JRFH- Final number- $8,392.95! WoW.
Watch Us Grow...
With the warmer weather this past week the kids were sporting their shorts and their faces were bright red after recess. I decided it was a good time to reiterate proper school attire for safety and comfort.
UNSAFE footwear should NOT be worn:
* Shoes/sandals with open toes
* Shoes with large heels
* Flip Flops
* Shirts that show midriffs should NOT be worn.
* Shorts should WELL cover one’s backside- the finger tip rule is the one to follow
(I noted some shorts out this past week were short and small- maybe from last season?)
* Spaghetti strap tops should NOT be worn.
* Hats are a good thing to wear outside during recess and TPE.
* Water bottles are encouraged.
Please refer to your Parent handbook under DRESS CODE for further clarification. Thank you for your support.
Parents, please reiterate with your children that whenever they play on the playground- during recess, teacher PE, after school, during SACC or on the weekends, the rules remain the same.
1. Go down the slide, not up. Do not jump off the slide. Do not dive on the slide the wrong way. One child going down at a time.
2. Do not climb on top of slide awnings.
3. No running, pushing or shoving - no rough-housing
4. Use play equipment properly
5. Adult directions should be followed
If your child is on the playground after school, and he/she is spoken to by an adult (including the SACC supervisor), he/she should listen to the adult directive about safety.
Some children have responded, when spoken to with, "I'm not in aftercare, so I don't have to follow those rules." OR "I'm not in aftercare today, so I don't have to follow those rules today." They do, as it is about safety. The teachers have spoken with their classes about this issue as well, but I want you also to be aware and help us keep things safe. Our playground is much smaller these days and thus it is much easier to bump into one another or equipment.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.