Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask
How does Exploratory work????
What does my student need for Exploratory?
1. Exploratory t-shirt
2. Safety Glasses (prescription glasses will not meet the standard)
3. Workboots (the boots DO NOT have to be steel toe)
6. Hair tie to pull hair away from face
What should my student NOT have for Exploratory
All of our technologies at Wilcox operate to full industry standards and expectations. They follow similar OSHA and Public Health Code standards. Please be aware that while in certain technologies your student will not be allowed to:
- Wear jewelry
- Wear facial piercings
- Have artificial or acrylic nails
How will my student be graded in Exploratory?
During Phase One, we do not expect students to be experts in any of the technologies. They will be scored based on:
- Preparation (do they have safety glasses and workboots, is their shirt tucked in or does the teacher need to remind them?)
- Cooperation (do they follow direction, interact appropriately with peers in the teams they are assigned to etc.
- Ability to follow safety rules (While in shop, students physical safety is the top priority for all of our teachers. They take this responsibility seriously, therefor they do not expect to ask a student more than once to follow a safety procedure)
During Phase Two student will be scored on the same criteria as Phase One and their teacher's assessment of the students specific aptitude for their specific technology