What we've done and what we plan to do in December!
Becoming Better Readers!
As we wrap up Reading for the fall, the Kindergarten teachers are impressed with the progress all students have made since the beginning of the year! Take a look at some of the activities we have done in our classrooms to help us become better readers.
When we read fiction stories, we ask ourselves if the story could happen in real life or if it is a make-believe story. Bear Snores On and other books by Karma Wilson are animal fantasy stories because the animals have human characteristics.
We can also compare and contrast books written by the same author. We used the QR Code Reader on the iPad to listen to other Karma Wilson books. We learned that they all have the same main character and supporting characters, same setting, and similar text.
- Table of Contents
- Photo Captions
- Bold Words
Math in the Real World
Sorting, Graphing, and Comparing Data
Art Room Collection
- small boxes (cereal and snack size)
- any other small cardboard or plastic containers
- large empty cans or flower pots
- baby food jars with lids
Any items can be sent in with your child and we will pass them on to Mrs. Wright. Thank you for your contributions!
Coming up in December
- Friday, December 11th - Kindergarten Winter Concert 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 18th - Classroom Winter Parties
- Thursday, December 24th-Friday, January 1st - No School for Winter Break