Area: 78.84 mi²
Local time: Friday 6:18 PM
Weather: 63°F (17°C), Wind NW at 9 mph (14 km/h), 34% Humidity
Getting there: 17 h 40 min flight, around $1,590. View flights
Flag description: three equal horizontal bands of red (top), white, and black; the Takbir (Arabic expression meaning "God is great") in green Arabic script is centered in the white band; the band colors derive from the Arab Liberation flag and represent oppression (black), overcome through bloody struggle (red), to be replaced by a bright future (white); the Council of Representatives approved this flag in 2008 as a compromise temporary replacement for the Ba'athist Saddam-era flag
Source: CIA World Factbook
Major Land Forms
Major Bodies of Water
Human Environment Interaction.
Water conferences for past years and have not changed.
A job created for environment is the ILO , it's a government representative.
Iraq's president is Fuad Masum.
their leaders are chosen by elections.
What are the 5 most important rights provided to citizens in a democratic state (captions and brief descriptions may be helpful here)? Include also a corresponding democratic responsibility that...
TOPIC: LAW AND POLITICS
What are the 5 most important rights provided to citizens in a democratic state (captions and brief descriptions may be helpful here)?
Include also a corresponding democratic responsibility that accompanies each right you have listed (again captions and brief descriptions may be helpful here). Select and include a graphic image that you believe symbolizes each of the responsibilities you have listed.
1) Freedom of speech and expression- The most fundamental right that all citizens must have in a democratic state is the right to express oneself and one's opinions. This feeds into the responsibility of civic virtue and basic tenets of citizenship. An image that I would associate with this basic right is a megaphone. It generates sound and reverberates sound when someone speaks through it. This is similar to how democracy functions: When there is voice, everyone benefits in a democracy.
2) The right to a fair trial/ due process (procedural fairness)- I think another fundamental right that a democratic state must protect is the right of citizens to enjoy a legal process that is just and fair. Certainly, the responsibility this promotes is faith in the judicial system. If the legal system breaks down or suffers a lack of faith on the part of its citizens, a major blow to the system is felt and its legitimacy is questioned. The gavel is the image I would use to represent this right.
3) The right to a free and unperturbed media- Democracy only functions effectively when its citizens are given access to information and are properly informed about the affairs of its government. This transparency is provided by a free and open press. The image that represents this is a newspaper.
4) The right to vote freely in public and open elections- The responsibility of civic virtue is an essential component for democracy. A democratic government can only function when as many people as possible are able to participate in the electoral process. The ballot or a ballot box would be the graphic image the represent this.
5) The right to worship religion in a free setting- This is an interesting and compelling one for me. Democracy works well when all of its citizens feel that they are able to have some sphere of influence that is free from external control. The issue of religion is one that falls into this category. Individuals need to feel some level of spiritual fulfillment and should be able to choose freely how that path is taken. It can be through religion, spirituality, or identification with a code of honor that is understood by them and them alone. As long as this right does not interfere with another's right to be left alone, the democratic responsibility of tolerance and acceptance is advanced and I think that this is of critical importance in a democratic state. Greater spiritual fulfillment (personal freedom in this realm is intrinsic) yields citizens that are able to feel that they are represented in the democratic process. I think the image I would use is something like an open field for spirituality is an open field where one can choose where they wish to emotionally graze.
Iraq's currency is Iraqi dinar witch is worth 0.00090 U.S dollers.
Iraq's Imports are oil there exports are machinery and transport equipment, chemicals, food and live animals.
Iraq's life expectancy is 74.85, there birth rate is 31.45, there literacy rate is 73 and there
main source of water is the Tigris river.
the traditional clothing for women in Iraq is abayas while the modern clothes for women in Iraq is casual street cloths the traditional cloths for men in Iraq is a dishdashe a robe with "The Headband" while their modern clothes are casual street cloths.
The Major languages are Arabic and Kurdish
The major religion in Iraq is Islam
Biryani, a set of rice-based foods made with spices, rice (usually basmati), and meat/vegetables. It was brought to India by Persian Muslim travelers and merchants, and is collectively popular in Iraq, Kuwait, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and among Muslims in Sri Lanka.
the average yearly rain is 4 to 7 inches.
the average yearly temp is 21.1 degrees Celsius
the climate effects the contrary Frequent dust and sand storms are hitting the country and access to safe water and sanitation and water shortages have seen many communities displaced, driving an increase in urbanization as they move from rural to built-up areas.