Established in 1954
Welcome to U.C. Riverside!
About the University
- History/Social Science (2 years)
- English (4 years)
- Math ( 3-4 years)
- Laboratory Science ( 2-3 years)
- Foreign Language ( 2 years)
- Visual and Performing Arts (1 year)
- College Preparatory Elective ( 1 year)
2. GPA Requirements
- Earn a GPA of 3.0 of higher. Extra points for honor courses
3. Examination Requirements
- Take ACT with Writing or SAT by December
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Campus Size: Nearly 1,200 acres
- Students: more than 22,000
- 86% of undergraduates receive financial aid
- Athletics: NCAA Division 1
- 51% Female and 49% Male
- Student to faculty ratio is 19:1
- ranked #1 in the nation by Time magazine
- UCR is powered by the sun, providing up to 6.6 million megawatt hours of electricity each year.
- Over 80 majors available
- UCR opened its doors in 1954 to 127 students.
Concerts, Culture and Entertainment
There are always theoretical performances, sporting events and musical concerts. UCR hosts a variety of musical acts each year from Nooners to major music festivals eadling performers such as Big Sean, Tyga, Kendrick Lamar, Ludacris, Juicy J, and Tokimonsta.
UCR is rich in athletics spirit and tradition. They compete in 17 NCAA Division 1 level intercollegiate sports such as Baseball, softball, women's volleyball, and men and women's basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, and track and field.
Housing and Dining
UCR also has campus apartments and family housing. The options range from studios to four bedroom apartments. The family housing consists of economical two and three bedroom single and duplex homes. The community has a park, playground and picnic area.
There are plenty of residential restaurants featuring a wide variety of American and international cuisines. UCR has on campus restaurants serving high quality and healthy cuisines. Bytes and The Barn are a few of the known restaurants for lunch.