Cuming Happenings News Update
July 8, 2016
- Presentation Contest Deadline: July 11
- Horse Level Testing Deadline for those competing at County Fair: July 21
- Dress Revue Deadline: July 29
- $15 Challenge Deadline: July 29
Cake Decorating Contest Pre-Entry: August 1
Narrator Pre-Registration Deadline: August 3
State Fair Ticket Order Deadline: August 5
Quilt Revue Entry Form Due: August 5
Sheep Lead Entry Deadline: August 5
Livestock Entry Forms Due for County Fair and AKSARBEN: August 5
- State Fair Livestock Entry Deadline: August 10
- Norfolk Beef Expo Deadline: August 24
Summer Events and Contests
- Pillowcase Workshop - July 11
- Cultural Foods & Breads - July 13 / due July 6
- Small Animal Care & Nutrition - July 19 / due July 12
- Computer Coding - July 22 / due July 15
- ESI Camp - July 26-28 / due July 8
- Quilt Binding - July 26 / due July 21
- Poultry Showmanship & Care - July 18 / due July 13
- CASNR Career Exploration Tour - July 27 / due July 20
- Modeling with Ease - Aug. 2 / due July 21
- Click Here to view the full clover college details!
Now is the time to begin working on your presentation contest entries for this year. If you would like assistance in brainstorming topics and ways to present your ideas please contact Deb Schroeder.
- The Cuming County Presentation Contest will be held July 14th in the Courthouse meeting room beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- Deadline for entering the Presentation Contest is July 11th.
All presentations given at the 4-H Presentations Contest at the Nebraska State Fair and county fair should relate to how 4-H youth are learning about 4-H science, agricultural literacy, career development/college readiness, citizenship and leadership, or healthy living, through their 4-H experiences or 4-H projects. Enrollment in the project area in which the participant is making a presentation is not required.
- Practice Presentation Contest will be held July 11th from 9:00 a.m. until noon if members would like help in how to present their topic.
- Deadline for signing up for the practice day is Friday July 8th.
Do you like to make and try new things? Do you like to make your own money? We have the camp just for you! Participate in ESI camp July 26-28 and learn how to become an entrepreneur and start your own business!
ESI camp is recommended for youth in grades 6 to 9. Camp will be three days the last week in July and will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day. If you would like to sign up for this fun and exciting camp, please contact the Office by July 8.
State Fair Livestock Entry Deadline
Animal entries are due August 10th by 5:00 pm. (Beef, Sheep, Swine, Rabbit, Poultry, Goat, Dairy, Dog, Companion Animals). Click on the following link for to enter your livestock for State Fair by clicking here. This is the link to the State Fair 4H/FFA page that includes important documents and the online entry system link. The entry link will become live on July 1, 2016.
State Fair 4-H Schedule
Nebraska Extension- Cuming County
Extension Educator: email@example.com
Extension Educator: LHOWARD1@unl.edu
Extension Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Jo Lueckenhoff
Office Manager: email@example.com
Office Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org