Join I-YEL @ Crissy Field Center
Inspiring Young Emerging Leaders
INSPIRING YOUNG EMERGING LEADERS (I-YEL)
I-YEL is initiated, designed, and coordinated by youth who receive support and training in planning and implementing projects that create positive change in their communities.
Participants attend workshops, take field trips, and explore their National Parks to gain a better understanding of their environment.
Through leadership development, career exploration, and hands on experience teaching others, I-YEL participants acquire the skills necessary to be the teachers and leaders of today and the future.
I-YEL PARTICIPANT EXPECTATIONS
I-YEL is looking for a diverse pool of youth to offer their opinions and work together to learn about National Parks and environmental issues that affect their communities.
Apply to I-YEL NOW if you:
- Are currently enrolled in a San Francisco public high school.
- Are interested in improving your leadership skills, teamwork qualities, and gaining work experience.
- Are able to make a one-year commitment (October 16, 2013 – July 26, 2014)
- Are able to attend meetings on Wednesdays (4:45–6:45 pm) and 3-4 full day Saturdays (9:30-5:00pm) a month.
- Want to earn money for hard work and a lot of fun? $240/month
DUE SEPTEMBER 2013
INTERVIEW & APPLICATION DEADLINE
Saturday, Sep. 21st 2013 at 10am-2pm
1199 E Beach
San Francisco, CA
Please bring application (Applications Part I, II, & III) and a Letter of Recommendation with you to the interview. If you’d like, you can call in to reserve an available interview time between 10am–2pm. Otherwise, you may drop in and it is first come first serve (the wait can be up to 2 hours long).
- NOTIFICATION DATES
Week of October 1st, 2013
- PARTICIPANT & PARENT ORIENTATION
Wednesday, Oct 16th, 2013
- ORIENTATION ON OVERNIGHT
Friday, Oct. 18th–Saturday, Oct. 19th
- PROGRAM ENDS
July 26, 2014
The Crissy Field Center is a partnership between the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.
Jie Chen, High School Programs Manager
Inspiring Young Emerging Leaders (I-YEL)
Urban Trail Blazers (UTB)