Hope Valley School Weekly Update
Friday, December 9, 2019
Calendar of Events
9 - PTO Meeting (3:45 PM in the HV Library) - Note the time change
10 - Grades Close > End of Trimester 1
12 - Holiday Shop
17 - Chorus Concert at 9:10 (4th grade parents of chorus students are invited) - see information below
17 - Report Cards Distributed
20 - Fun Science Assembly
20 - Last day before Winter Break
Dec 23-Jan 2 - Winter Break
Monday, Dec. 9th, 3:45pm
15 Thelma Drive
Hope Valley School LOVES Superhero Miles
November 26 was such a special day for our school as we celebrated Miles and his courageous fight with liver cancer. We collected a total of $2,712 for the Tomorrow Fund. Below is the breakdown. A huge thank you to those who celebrated and donated for a great cause in Miles honor. Can't thank Jeanine Mankoff and the pre-school staff for organizing this fundraiser.
$845 Hope Valley School
$1300 Chariho District
$567 Facebook Online
- Payment for the Morning Program is due at the beginning of each month. If you need a form, stop or call the office.
- Also, the Morning Program STARTS at 7:30. Technically it starts at 7:35 because everything is programmed through our time clock. Staff punch in at 7:30 so they need time to get to the gym to set up. At Hope Valley, we have always allowed students to come for 7:30 but we cannot let children in before 7:30 because no one will be in the gym.
- We have many students with negative lunch balances. Please be sure parents are taking care of any balances ASAP. Checks can be made out to Chariho Regional School District
- If your child comes in at 8:00 for Dreambox with Mr. Mulvey or reading support with Mrs. Pastore or Maker Morning/Green Screen with Mrs. Ward, students must not be coming before 7:55 or they will be charged $3.50 per day.
Report Card Change
Tomaquag Museum Field Trip
Hope Valley School Blog
Online Book Party
The PTO is “hosting” an online book party with Usborne Books and More (UBAM). All host rewards will go back to the school for Mrs Ward (our librarian) and Mrs Pastore (our reading specialist) to determine what the school’s needs are. If the “party” reaches $250 in sales the school will get HALF of the total sales worth of free products!!!
Over the next couple of weeks our consultant Joyce will be highlighting some of the many products available. Please share our event and link and encourage friends and family to browse the catalog. There is something for everyone and more than just books too!!!!
The party will close on December 11th so that all orders can be processed and shipped directly to your door in plenty of time for the holidays.
If you need help with anything, feel free to reach out to Joyce and she will be happy to assist.
Social Media Outlets
The PTO Corner
PTO Board Members:
- PTO President: Becky Champlin
- PTO Vice President: Leah Sousa
- PTO Treasurer: Stephanie DaPonte
- PTO Secretary: Chloe Morgan and Kristen Clarke
- PTO Communication: Chelsea Baker
- PTO Contact Email: email@example.com
- School Principal: Giuseppe Gencarelli – Giuseppe.Gencarelli@chariho.k12.ri.us
- School Secretary: Donna Sunderland– Donna.Sunderland@chariho.k12.ri.us
PTO meetings are typically the second working Monday each month. If you’re not able to make the meeting but still want to be involved please send an email to our PTO to make sure you receive a copy of the meeting minutes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting dates for the year are as follows:
- Dec 9, 2019 @ 3:45 (after school)
- Jan 13, 2019 @ 6:30
- Feb 10, 2019 @ 6:30
- March 9, 2019 @ 6:30
- April 13, 2019 @ 6:30
- May 11, 2019 @ 6:30
About Hope Valley Elementary School
The mission of the Hope Valley Elementary School is to work in partnership with our colleagues, students and families. We are committed to creating a learning environment where children are expected to achieve their full potential.