SCS Happenings: September 19, 2022
Saint Catharine of Siena, pray for us.
From One Wildcat to Another....
Thank you to everyone who so patiently cooperated with our staff during our morning drop-off rerouting. Because of you, we were able to successfully install two new fire exit doors and increase our school's security. Your kindness and support for this capital improvement is greatly appreciated.
We have continued the interviewing process for our Middle School. Mrs. Lavanga has graciously stepped in while we continue our search for a middle school science teacher. Once again, thank you for your continued support and patience.
This week is picture week. Students will be getting their school photos taken Wednesday, September 21, 2022. Students are to wear their blues. If your student has gym this day, they may pack their gym uniform and change after pictures.
Also, registrations for fall conferences will be sent out this week. We encourage you to spend a few minutes with your child's teacher to learn about their progress and how we as a family/school team can set your students up for success. If the times listed are not convenient, please reach out to your child's teacher to request a more convenient time.
Friday, September 23, 2022, will also be an exciting day at SCS! We will have a videographer spending the day with us. The videographer will be capturing glimpses of our day to create a 30-second commercial video for SCS. The video will also be posted on the City of Reading's website alongside other Reading partners such as Penske and Alvernia University. We are excited about this partnership and marketing adventure.
Thank you for all you do today, tomorrow, and always. Saint Catharine of Siena, pray for us.
Air high fives to all,
Mrs. Marcella Kraycik
- September 20, 2021 - Conference email should be receive by all families in 1st to 5th Grade. PreK and Kindergarten will be in November.
- September 21, 2022: Picture Day.
- September 26, 2022: Fight Childhood Cancer Dress Down Day (see handbook for appropriate clothing)
- October 7, 2022: Early Dismissal. NO AFTERCARE / PreK 11:20/K thru 8th Noon.
- October 10, 2022: Scholastic Book Fair begins
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held in Oct. for Grades 1st thru 8th
- 1st thru 5th will be from their HR teacher with the exception of 5th Grade Accelerated Math
- Middle School will be from each teacher according to the subjects they teach.
New SCS Logo Opportunity!
Please click on the link to have your voice heard!
Pediatric Cancer Dress Down Day sponsored by Student Council
Boscov's Friends Helping Friends to benefit SCS School
Event Date: Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Store Hours: 8am-11pm
- Individuals can purchase a Friends Helping Friends 25% off* shopping pass for $5 Each. Shopping passes are valid In-store only on Wednesday, October 19, 2021.
*Some exclusions apply.
- The entire $5 goes directly to SCS School.
- Register To Win: Ballot boxes will be located at each Boscov's store on the day of the event. Customers can fill out the bottom portion of their Shopping Pass, tear it off and drop it in the ballet box. One customer from each store will receive a $100 Boscov's Gift Card!
Please use this LINK: https://forms.gle/VRPPXRa1M6zEWasS8 to order coupons.
School Book Fair is the week of October 10th - SAVE the WEEK Scholastic Book Fair is back!!
SCS Fall fair will be October 10th to October 14th.
This year we are inviting back for grades pre-k to 4th the opportunity to shop with a VIP. Students will be able to invite a very important person in their lives to come shop with them during their book fair time.
Schedule and invites will go out later next week so parents can plan.
Students do not need to have a VIP in order to go to the fair.
Thank you for supporting the SCS bookfair- all profits support our school library.
The St Catharine’s CYO offers basketball for all children in grades 3 through 8. The CYO is currently looking for volunteers to coach basketball this season. We’re currently in need of coaches for 5th grade boys, 5th grade girls, and 6th grade girls. Volunteers for all other grade levels would also be appreciated. If you’re interested in coaching this season for any grade level, contact Keith Lawlor at email@example.com or 267-879-7220 by October 1.
Please note all volunteers will be required to have their clearances up to date prior to coaching.
Thanks for your support.
St Catharine’s CYO”
Congratulations to all of our runners, especially on such a hot day on a rigorous course. Everyone did fantastic!!
5th place – Kayla Holler
2nd place – Garrett Skolny
4th place – Nicholas DeCamilo
5th place- Zack Nerney
5th place- Ethan Rich
4th place- Emma Wentzel
4th place- Lydia Fries
2nd place -Jack Wentzel
3rd place- James McDevitt
4th place- Roman Webber
5th place- Maddox Tanaka