June 4, 2021
DISTRICT ART SHOW
CALENDAR ITEMS TO NOTE
Freshman Celebration--Friday, June 4 at 7:30 PM (updated details below)
Freshman Day--Wednesday, June 9 during school day (details below)
Principal's Awards Ceremonies--Monday, June 7; 7th Grade Ceremony @ 6:00 PM, 8th Grade Ceremony @ 7:00 PM; 9th Grade Ceremony @ 8:00 PM (in-person and livestreamed; parents/guardians of award recipients received livestream link via email)
Early Dismissal--Thursday, June 10 (students dismissed at 10:45)
Final Awards/Closing Ceremony--Friday, June 11 during school day
Last Day of School (early dismissal at 10:45)--Friday, June 11
Updated Information about Tonight's Freshman Celebration
Happening Tonight/Updated Information--Freshman Celebration (Friday, June 4 from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM). BASED ON THE WEATHER FORECAST, THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD INDOORS. We are holding our Freshman Celebration evening on Friday, June 4 from 7:30 to 10:00 PM. Join us for food, fun, a DJ, a movie and memories! Please note that this event is being held in lieu of the traditional semi-formal 9th Grade dance. Casual attire is suggested. The cost is $21 per student. Tickets and permission forms can be found here on MyPaymentsPlus. Please note: As per the school district’s communication dated May 26, 2021: “Outside of the school day, fully vaccinated individuals do not need to mask on our campuses, whether indoors or outside. Anyone who chooses to wear a mask is welcome to do so.” If you are uncomfortable with your child attending this event indoors and have already purchased a ticket, we are happy to provide you with a refund. Please email Mrs. Donna Kirkpatrick at email@example.com with your request.
UPCOMING TAMANEND EVENTS
Reminder--Laptop Collection for Current 9th Graders
The Technology and Innovation Department is preparing to collect all devices from students in grades K-6, 9, and 12. We hope this device helped your family with increased access to teaching and learning. The Technology and Innovation Department will be using the summer to update and clean these devices. Ninth Graders will be re-issued a laptop in time for 10th Grade.
Tamanend students attending in-person will be handing laptops in at school on June 8 and June 9. Tamanend virtual students will return their laptops on/after the last day of school to the Tamanend Main Office.
Please be sure your child is able to locate their laptop, charger, and pen (if applicable).
Laptop bags do not need to be returned. Your child will be reusing this bag next year.
If there are any technical issues with the device, please be sure to place a help desk ticket so we can resolve the issue prior to summer.
All hotspots must be returned with the device (if applicable).
Please remove any non-CBSD stickers or USB devices from laptops before returning.
Missing Accessories: Please go to MyPayments Plus to pay for items that were lost or damaged while in your possession. Bring a receipt with you as proof of payment. This receipt can be given to or emailed to Mrs. Donna Kirkpatrick (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Tamanend Main Office.
Laptop users: Your AC adapter must be a manufacturer-issued (Lenovo or HP) charging cable. Generic brands are not acceptable.
Device Pens: All laptops must be returned with a pen.
Devices/Accessories not Returned: If a student does not return their device, hotspot, pen or charger a usage fee will be issued per student. Devices not returned will be disabled and unusable.
Thank you for your support and understanding in helping to make this process as smooth as possible.
Reminder--Freshman Day at Briarwood--Wednesday June 10 During School Day
Congratulations to our 9th Grade Friends!
CB Save the Music 2021 Release Weekend!
CB Save the Music 2021:
Virtual concert release this weekend!
Here’s how to watch and/or help the cause:
- This Saturday, at 2 PM, we will be hosting a live “watch party” of the concert in the Holicong auditorium. It is a free event, and all information is on the attached “release” flier.
- Also beginning on Saturday, the entire concert will be available to stream from our district website: https://www.cbsd.org/vh1
- There is no paywall to watch – you can just check it out for free.
- Donate to the Save The Music Foundation using the QR code or the direct link.
- The QR code can be found on the attached flier and will take you directly to a donation site that the STM Foundation has set up for us. (or click here: https://donate.savethemusic.org/give/263296/#!/donation/checkout?c_src=CentralBucksSD.)
- We are hoping to raise $10,000 this year. Note that with the first $3,000 raised we will officially cross the $250,000 mark in total donations!!!
- If you would rather EAT AND DONATE, you can do that as well! Our presenting sponsor, Café With Soul (http://www.cafesouldoylestown.com/), has once again agreed to donate a portion of the proceeds from their Dine and Donate event from June 4th-20th! This year they are sponsoring a “Teacher Breakfast Competition” that features meals designed by the concert’s leadership team (including Tamanend’s own Mr. Sanchez) Please see the flier above for details, choices, etc.
Reminder--Tamanend Spirit Gear is Here!
Looking for some Tamanend gear? Here are the current opportunities to order Tamanend Spirit Wear:
Tamanend Spirit Wear from Caldwells in Doylestown
Reminder--Join the Wellness/Snack Break Social 10:35--10:55 Daily
Hello! Are you looking for a way to connect with other kids from school while you are learning from home in the virtual setting? Mrs. Cammann is hosting a Wellness/Snack Break Social time each day from 10:35-10:55 during the virtual and hybrid learning models. Students are invited to join in to share some conversation and be connected with students across all grades. On Wednesdays, we will have games and trivia during this time! You are welcome to participate daily or pop in occasionally - no pressure. Maybe you will even get to know some new faces! Just click the link below to take part, socialize, and participate, while using our Tamanend ROAR to respect and include each other in this group. Enjoy your snack and unwind with us at 10:35 any day. Hope to see you there! Click here to join the meeting
FROM OUR MUSIC DEPARTMENT
Reminder--CB Summer Music Camps
QUOTES AROUND TAMANEND
HELPFUL REMINDERS ABOUT TAMANEND PROCEDURES
Please report your child's absence in any of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone (Attendance hotline): 267-893-2920
Reminder--Important Traffic Safety
Since the beginning or the year, our parent drop-off and pick-up traffic has improved tremendously, but we still need your help. There will soon be an increase in daily traffic as more students return to in-person learning. We must remember that WE HAVE STUDENTS WHO WALK TO SCHOOL. Recently, we've seen an increase in cars speeding on Stuckert Road. For the safety of our students, please maintain a 15 mph school zone speed limit in our parking lots and along Stuckert Road. Thanks for your help!
Reminder--Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up
With the return of 5-day in-person schooling, there has been an increase in the number of car riders. Please remember the following important details when dropping off or picking up your child-
- You can only turn right into the parking lot, from the direction of Kelly Road. Do NOT attempt to make a left-hand turn into the parking lot during pick-up at the end of the day. If you come from Bristol Rd., please go past the school, turn around, and get in the car line.
- There are staggered dismissal times. The first is at 1:16 and the 2nd is at 1:21pm. It would be helpful to find out what time your child is dismissed from their 7th period class, so that you do not rush to get in line if they are let out at the 2nd dismissal time.
- Everyone has been able to exit the parking lot by 1:30 pm, so there is no need to rush. All students are let out between the Main Entrance and the Gym/Cafeteria Entrance, so students should not be walking down the sidewalk to your cars. This causes the line of traffic to stop and we need to keep everyone moving.
Thank you for your support!
FROM OUR GUIDANCE OFFICE
Reminder--Teen Mental Health Check In Group
This Edition of Guidance Sparks--Finding Purpose
Over the past several months, we have shared ideas on ways to help your children find their “Spark”. For some this is a longer journey than for others. Often connected to knowing what your passion is and understanding your “purpose”. In William Damon’s (2008) book The Path to Purpose, he states, “A purpose is a deeper reason for the immediate goals and motives that drive most daily behavior.” We see this often with today’s young entrepreneurs who feel a strong social responsibility (e.g., Bombas and Thrive Market, among others). As parents, you can facilitate discussions regarding purpose by taking the opportunity to: listen closely for the spark then encourage further discovery; take advantage of any time you have together to talk about their ideas on what is purpose; offer your own sense of purpose related to your life/career; nurture a positive outlook on life; impress upon children a sense of action connected to responsibility. Schools must work hand-in-hand with families in this effort as we emphasize the importance of our children becoming good citizens of our community and the world.
There will be more to follow on this topic. For comments or questions, please contact Ginny Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FROM OUR LIBRARY
Reminder--Tamanend Library is Here for All Your Reading Needs!
All students have full access to all books in the Tamanend Library and to SORA, our digital collection. If you would like to check out a book, please watch the following videos in your Library Canvas Course to see how to access both physical and digital books. Books will be delivered to classrooms for Hybrid students and Online students can pick their books up in the front lobby of Tamanend!
FROM OUR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Reminder--9th-12th Grade Student Technology Toolkit
FROM OUR HEALTH OFFICE
Reminder--Required Dental Exams for 7th Graders
Reminder--Please Contact Our Nurse For COVID-Related Issues and Concerns
Please notify our Certified School Nurse, Lauren Myrtetus, if you, someone in your household or your student have been diagnosed with COVID or if your student has been identified as a close contact of someone who has been diagnosed with COVID. Also, please notify Mrs. Myrtetus if your student is ill and is being tested for COVID.
If your students needs to quarantine, he or she should report directly to the nurse’s office on his or her first day back to school for a temperature and symptom screening.
Mrs. Myrtetus is happy to answer any questions related to COVID.
CBSD’s Board of School Directors approved changes to the district’s health and safety plan, including implementation of modified quarantine protocols beginning on Monday, April 19, 2021. More details may be found on our website at www.cbsd.org/2020-21. Review updated questions and answers at www.cbsd.org/help.
Updated--What to Do If Your Child Is Sick
FROM OUR CAFETERIA
Summer Meal Program Free to All Students
Reminder--Free & Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Application
UPCOMING DISTRICT & COMMUNITY EVENTS
Beat summer boredom! CBSD's community school is offering summer sports camps, mock trial, music & arts camps, and many other activities - register through MyPaymentsPlus at https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome beginning May 17!
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, field trips, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal email@example.com
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse email@example.com
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Reminder--Bucks County Health Human Services Hub
Reminder--Shriner's Children's Pediatric Fracture and Sports Injury Care at Doylestown Hospital
Reminder--Food Pantry at Warrington Fellowship Church
Nominate a Tamanend Student for the Boomerang Youth Recognition Award
For those of you who are unfamiliar, the Boomerang Youth Recognition Award, it is a district-wide monthly program which recognizes and honors youth in our community for exemplifying and living by one of the chosen Developmental Assets®. These Developmental Assets were identified as a set of skills, experiences, relationships and behaviors that enable young people to develop into successful and contributing adults.
Nominations for May's Boomerang Asset are due by Friday, 05/28. The chosen for March is Asset #40: Positive View of Personal Future- Recognizing a young person who is optimistic about their personal future. Please submit your nomination through this link. Staff members who nominate students will wear jeans and their Boomerang pin to show their Boomerang Spirit on Tuesday, 06/01. Thank you in advance for your nomination
GETTING INVOLVED AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH TAMANEND
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oficina: (267) 893-2900