W. H. ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN
"All Together Adamson--Excellence In Action"
The Week of September 7, 2015
ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN LEVERAGE POINTS
Increase Student Academic Achievement Through the Use of Data Driven Instruction in all Feeder Schools
Key Action 1
QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION
Improve the Quality of Instruction Through a Focus on Effective Feedback and Support Systems in all Feeder Schools
Key Action 2
Provide Safe, Positive and Supportive Campus Climates in all Feeder Schools
Key Action 3
Key Action 1
QUALITY OF INSTRUCTION
Key Action 2
FEEDER KUDOS ARE IN ORDER!
Adamson High School received a $3000 House of Blues Forward Foundation "Action for Arts" Grant for the purchase of percussion instruments. KUDOS to Band Director, Mr. Green, for applying for and receiving this grant!
Adamson Students Create Their Version of Piece 24 Sculpture
THE PRINCIPAL 50
Critical Leadership Questions for Inspiring Schoolwide Excellence
Chapter 2: SCHOOL BRAND
What are your school's core beliefs regarding both the practice of teaching and the process of learning?
What are your school's values regarding the students whose success you hold in your hands?
What are your school's guiding principles regarding your staff's practice as educators?
As school leaders, it is up to us to ensure that staff members contribute to the development of the school's core beliefs, values, and guiding principles.
Here's to a great week of teaching and learning!
*Exerpts taken from the book The Principal 50 by Baruti Kafele
Be sure to read the TEI NEWS emails that come from DISDNEWS each week.
Principals will receive TEI teacher evaluation scorecards and should hold conferences with required teachers.
Teachers will receive electronic versions of their scorecards via oracle self-service. Principals are asked to remain available until 8:00 PM on this date to answer any questions.
September 18-October 1
Teacher rebuttal window in oracle for TEI evaluation scorecard
Teachers submit SLO Goal-Setting and PDPs in schoolnet.
Principals must score and approve SLOs & PDPs by today
TEI Expert Meting @ Wilmer Hutchins HS 4:45-5:45
A Note From Your Executive Director...
Week three of the first six weeks grading period is among us. Many students will be taking their first round of common assessments soon and teachers will get their first school-wide glimpse of how students are responding to the teaching and learning from the first three weeks of school. Remember that this data needs to be analyzed and curriculum maps need to be adjusted in a timely manner as a result of student progress.
What is happening in each classroom will add to the collective result later. By the end of this week, each teacher should have been visited at least once and feedback should have been given through schoolnet.
Here's to a great week of teaching and learning! ALL TOGETHER ADAMSON
ACTION ITEMS FROM THE WAIP
CURRENT WAIP ITEMS:
THIS WEEK AT-A-GLANCE
Monday, September 7, 2015
- LABOR DAY HOLIDAY/NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- Leadership Meeting with Superintendent 8:30 AM @ Haskell (Hill)
- Principal Scorecard Conferences 10-12 PM @ Gilliam (See google form to sign up)
- K-2 Literacy Cadre After-School PD @ Hogg. 3:45-5:15
- Science Fair Coordinator Meeting (see the WAIP)
Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Division 5 Leadership Meeting @ Haskell (8:30 AM) Hill
- Enrollment Call-In by 11:00 AM
- Campus Visit @ Adamson 12:00-2:00
- K-2 Literacy Cadre After-School PD @ Peeler 3:45-5:15
- Schoolnet Training for Principals Option 2 @ Haskell (7:00-8:30 AM, 10-11:30 AM or 4-5:30 PM)
Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Campus Visit @ Reagan 9-11
- Campus Visit @ Hogg 12:30-2:30
- K-2 Literacy Cadre After-School PD @ Bowie 3:45-5:15
- Fellows Meeting @ Buckner 4:30-6:00 (Ms. V & Ms. Hill)
Friday,September 11, 2015
- Division-Wide Data Meeting @ Gilliam (times will be communicated soon)
- Schoolnet Training for Principals Option 3 @ Haskell (7:00-8:30 AM, 10-11:30 AM or 4-5:30 PM) WEBINAR TRAINING SESSIONS ONLY
- CEOP Due today
Monday, September 14, 2015
- Monthly Principal Meeting @ Hulcy 1-5 PM
- Assistant Principal Focus Group 4-6 @ Haskell
--COMPLIANCE TRAINING FOR ALL EMPLOYEES--DUE OCTOBER 31 (See CC Link Below)
REMINDERS & DUE DATES AT-A-GLANCE
September 17--State Accountability Training for Garcia MS--3:50 @ Garcia MS
September 18--SST/RtI Training for Assistant Principals (or Principals if no AP)
September 23--New Safety Coordinator Training 8-11 AM @ Maria Luna
September 23--District-Wide College Fair 5:30-8:30 @ Ellis Davis Field House
September 24--Existing Safety Coordinator Training 8-11 AM @ Maria Luna
OUR FAMILY OF FEEDER SCHOOLS
- W.H. Adamson High School, Principal Jaine Ortega
- Kathryn Joy Gilliam Collegiate Academy, Principal Tamara Francis
- Hector P. Garica Middle School, Principal Gary Auld
- Felix G. Botello Elementary, Principal Reyna Sotelo
- James Bowie Elementary, Principal Noelle Wilson
- James Hogg Elementary, Principal Jairo Casco
- John F. Peeler, Principal Sofia Villarreal
- John Reagan Elementary, Principal Ruby Ramirez
SEPTEMBER1-25 Istation's ISIP Assessment BOY (K-2)
29--ACT (Grade 12)
14--PSAT (Grade 10)
Dec-Jan--Written Compositions (K-12)
7--STAAR EOC English 1 (9-12)
9--STAAR EOC English II (9-12)
7-11--STAAR EOC Algebra I, Biology, US History (9-12)
6-27--Isaton's ISIP Assessment MOY (K-2)
2--SAT (Grade 11)
7-April 6--TELPAS (K-12)
29--STAAR EOC English I (9-12)
29--STAAR Writing Day 1 (Grades 4 & 7)
29--STAAR Math (Grades 5 & 8)
30--STAAR Writing Day 2 (Grades 4 & 7)
30--STAAR Reading (Grades 5 & 8)
31-STAAR EOC English II
4-15--STAAR ALT 2 Assessment Window (3-8 & EOC)
4-8--ES & HS Art Performance ACP (Grades 5, 9-12)
12-15--Student Survey Window (Grades 3-12)
12-22--ITBS/LOGRAMOS Window (K-2)
18-19--ES Gym ACP (Grade 4)
18-29--Secondary Band Performance ACP (Grades 6-12)
20-21-ES Music Performance ACP (Grade 3)
9-24--Middle School Gym Performance ACP (Grades 6-8)
16-19--Middle School Art Performance ACP (Grade 7)
2-6--STAAR EOC Algebra I, Biology, US History (9-12)
9--STAAR Math (Grades 3,4,6,7)
9--STAAR Math Re-test (Grades 5 & 8)
10--STAAR Reading (Grades 3,4,6,7)
10--STAAR Reading Re-test (Grades 5 & 8)
11--STAAR Science (Grades 5 & 8)
12--STAAR Social Studies (Grade 8)
2-27--Istation's ISIP Assessment EOY (K-2)
18-26--ACP (Grades 3-5)
27-June 2--ACP (Grades 6-12)
**This chart will be updated as necessary