Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ February 12
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
The link takes you to a Sign-up Genius (same as in the past), but please notice that the first page that opens is Mrs. Henneberry's 5K class. For all other classes, you must scroll across the tabs at the top to find your child's homeroom teacher.
Our goal is to meet with EVERY family. You can help us meet our goal and get valuable information about your child's growth by signing up right away. Thank you!
It's Valentine's Week!
For Valentine's Day:
• If you send anything, little cards are absolutely enough. It's the thought that counts.
• Keep your baked goods at home and enjoy them. We don't need all kinds of fancy cupcakes in a classroom.
• In most cases, teachers will have students exchange items at the very end of the school day just before going home. The sugar and the kids stay apart until the end of the day.
5th Grade Camp Information
We continue to give Pride Perks coupons to students, and the current weekly incentives are
• Earning extra recess time
• Getting to be the "Lakeview D.J." and play a song for the entire school
• Winning a McDonald's Happy Meal, delivered to the student at lunch
• Getting the Lakeview Lion to eat at your table during lunch
Our behavior data for January showed that students demonstrated great behavior (as they almost always do). About halfway through the school year,
68.5% of students have never received an incident report
12.5% of students only have 1 incident recorded
10.5% of students have 2-5 incidents
8.5% of students have 6 or more incidents recorded
This means 81% of our students have either never had an incident or only 1 incident after nearly 100 days in school so far. Our students meet our expectations day after day and use the moments that do not meet expectations as learning experiences. We encourage you to use our expectations of Be Safe ~ Be Respectful ~ Be Engaged at home, too!
Be Safe at home could mean "hands to self, play nicely".
Be Respectful at home could mean "use only kind words" and "clean up without being asked".
Be Engaged at home could mean "do your homework" and "be active".
Admiral's Game Field Trip
4K Registration for 2023-24 is open
Click here for information about South Milwaukee's 4K program. Contact the office if you have questions and register now.
Please see this link for the school calendar for the School District of South Milwaukee
Feb 22 & 23 - Conferences and PTO Book fair
Feb 24 - No school
March 1 - Admiral's game field trip for 5K-5th grades
March 22 - Lakeview Concert (5K-5th grades), 6:30 p.m. at the high school
April 13 - PTO Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week - May 1-5
May 3-5 - 5th grade camp
June 6 - 5th grade recognition from 6-7 p.m. in the Lakeview gym