Front & Center
April 1, 2016
In This Week's Edition
- Food Drive
- All-City Orchestra
- State Testing
- Believe in Ohio Update
- Washington DC Trip
- Final Walkthroughs
- PTA Update
- Student Spotlight
- Upcoming Events
Student Council Food Drive
The week of April 4-8, the Albion and Center Student Councils, along with the district 6th grade classes, are sponsoring a Food Drive to benefit the Strongsville Food Bank. At Center, the donations will receive points for a friendly Core Team Spirit Competition.
Point values are as follows:
Peanut Butter = 5 pts.
Jelly = 4 pts.
Canned tuna/chicken = 3 pts.
Household items = 3 pts.
4 pk. toilet paper or
2 rolls paper towels or
shampoo (full size, not travel size)
Pasta sauce = 2 pts.
Canned fruit or veggies = 1 pt.
Track Season Is Under Way!
Exploring Groundwater Flow
A testing schedule will be sent out in the April 8 issue of Front & Center once the details are ironed out.
Believe in Ohio Winners
1st Place: Michael Fallon- Smart Shower Head
- This is a shower head equipped with smart technology that determines the amount of hot water remaining in your tank during the course of use of the shower
2nd Place: Jaime Melland- Cancer Bot
- This is pencil-tip sized device that is injected into cancer cells that will distribute medicine and fight the infected cells
3rd Place: Jack Matuszak & Dylan Hyun- Infinity Tri-Wheel
- This is an automobile that runs on electrical energy. The mechanical energy from the motion of the car will recharge its own battery, requiring no recharging.
What a fantastic competition! It was difficult to pick the winners as all contestants and participants had great products and pitched their ideas quite well.
Believe in Ohio Winners
Washington DC Trip
Rockin' at the Rec
PTA Fundraiser Monday, April 11
Drake Elementary School: Tuesday, April 5th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Albion Middle School: Tuesday, April 12th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Center Middle School: Tuesday, April 19th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Also Walkthroughs will take place at all 3 schools on Saturday, April 23 from 12-3.
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
- Apr. 7 - 7:00 DC Trip Meeting @ SHS
- Apr. 7- 7:00 All-City Orchestra @ SHS
- Apr. 12- 1:00 PTA @ Library
- Apri. 18-26- AIR Testing
Strongsville City Schools: Strongsville City Schools
Cameron Ryba, Superintendent: 60 Seconds With the Superintendent
Volunteer in Our Schools: Volunteer SCS!
Center Middle School: CMS
Center Middle School Calendar/Athletics: Athletics
Middle School Construction: Work Zone Camera!
Free and Reduced Priced Lunches: F/R Lunches
PASS: Your PASS Account
GMail: Gmail Info for Students
Center PTA: PTA
Ohio Department of Education: ODE