SSES 5th Grade Class of 2020
Promotion and Celebration Plans
Congratulations on completing your 5th grade year and elementary school!
- Here is the link to Photographer Kel Casey's Promotion Album (use password voyagers). Thank you SSES PTO for supporting our professional photographer for Promotion!
- Here is a link to the photos SSES staff took of your students by their cars. Make sure that you not only view the photos visble in the link, but also the photos in the two folders "6-15-20," and "6-15-20 promotion." Please let me know if you have any problems accessing photos of YOUR child.
CMS 6th Grade News and Updates
- Please see important new 6th grade information from CMS Principal Karin Mellina here.
- Students entering 6th grade at Coronado Middle School next year are invited to a “CMS Connections” zoom call hosted by CMS 8th grader Dylan Berk and other members of the CMS Associated Student Body. During the call, a panel of student leaders will be answering questions from students about academics, electives, sports, visual/performing arts, and other CMS activities. The call will be led by 8th grade students and monitored by CMS interim assistant principal Mr. Keller. Monday, June 8 9:00 am - 9:45 am: Students with last names A-K : Zoom Link; Monday, June 8 10:00 am - 10:45 am : Students with last names L-Z : Zoom Link
- Game Club/Message from Coronado SAFE: We've been hearing a lot from rising 6th graders that they are nervous to transition into middle school, especially with the circumstances COVID brings. We would like to invite all 5th graders from both public and private schools to join our weekly game club. This will give the opportunity to see both familiar and unfamiliar faces as they have fun, change their routine, learn new ways to use Zoom with friends, and start to feel integrated into the middle school community.
The Zoom information is listed below:
Coronado SAFE is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Game Club- Middle
Time: May 28, 2020 03:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Thu, until Jul 30, 2020, 10 occurrence(s)
Jun 11, 2020 03:30 PM
Jun 18, 2020 03:30 PM
Jun 25, 2020 03:30 PM
Jul 2, 2020 03:30 PM
Jul 9, 2020 03:30 PM
Jul 16, 2020 03:30 PM
Jul 23, 2020 03:30 PM
Jul 30, 2020 03:30 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 832 9454 5002
5th Grade Promotion Celebrations
Prerecorded Promotion Ceremony Zoom:
- Your teachers and staff members were excited to collaborate on a prerecorded ceremony via Zoom: You may view it here: 2020 SSES 5th Grade Promotion
Drive-Up Promotion Certificate Celebration (Thurs 6/11/20)
We are planning a festive and exciting drive-up promotion! Thank you parent volunteers for helping decorate our Flagpole plaza!
Drive-Up Logistics: The County is monitoring promotion and graduation festivities. Please adhere to guidelines:
- Families, please consider decorating your car to celebrate your student!
- Please put a sign with your child's name in the lower passenger side front window or on the passenger side door. Your child will sit in the FRONT PASSENGER SEAT.
- One car per family, please. All non-student family members will remain in the car.
- Please see the schedule below to determine the window of time you may line up for promotion.
- Line up along Leyte Road during your apportioned time, north and southbound, to turn into our pickup/dropoff area.
- SSES Staff will line the area, welcoming and celebrating you!
- You will drive up to our turquoise table clothed certificate table near the end of the dropoff area and stop.
- Your child's certificate will be on the table. Your child will get out of the car, grab his/her envelope and stand at the curb by the table and pose for a photo.
- Local photographer Kel Casey will take photos and digital prints will be available to families for free download! Thank you, Kel!
- Your student will reenter the car, and thank you for departing the area efficiently so we may continue with our promotion procession. We encourage you to visit campus LATER to snap a photo at our SSES mosaic!
Other guidelines/safety info:
- All staff support, administration, volunteers, and law enforcement will wear face covering at all times.
- All staff support, administration, volunteers, and law enforcement will maintain 6' social distancing protocol, at all times, throughout the event.
- No gathering prior to, during, or after the ceremony.
- No sales, exchanges of goods or food, or restrooms permitted during the promotion.
- Persons at higher risk for severe symptoms of COVID-19 are encouraged to stay home.
Drive-Up Promotion Schedule: June 11, 2020
- 9:00-9:30: Yakutis students Baltazar through Marin
- 9:30-10:00: Yakutis students Melendez through Yeatman
- 10:00-10:30: Cavanaugh students Ayers through Park
- 10:30-11:00: Cavanaugh students Pedregon through Worth