September 22, 2021
ATTENTION LCS FAMILIES
VOLUNTEER TO HELP PREPARE FOR THE CRAFT SALE!
- PIG-IN-THE-BLANKETS, APPLE PIES and BANKET are coming back and we NEED YOU!!! Sign up to volunteer to make the pigs, pies or banket OR sign-up to donate the supplies needed to make all of the yummy goodness! The Pig-in-the-Blanket Workbee will be Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021. The Apple Pie Workbee will be Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 1 & 2, 2021. The Banket Workbee will be Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021. Use the link to the Sign-up Genius to sign up. Many hands make light work. This fundraiser is complete profit because parents and generous donors supply the ingredients needed to make all of the Pig-in-the-Blankets, Pies, and Banket. Everything from butter and pie mix to apples and sausage. With your help, we can keep this a 100% money maker for the school. Please consider signing up for multiple items. A 5 lb. bag of flour will make about 6 bags of Pie Crumble! If you have any questions, please contact Shelly Tubbs - email@example.com!
- It’s time to make Banket for the craft sale! If you would like to make dough, or help roll out banket, please contact Mandy Tiemeyer. If you have any questions feel free to email. The date for rolling out is Thursday, Nov. 4 in the evening. Ajtiemeyer10@yahoo.com
WEST CAMPUS NEWS AND NOTES
- Progress Reports for 7th/8th graders - Reports will be sent via email for all 7th/8th grade students this coming Friday, Sept. 24. Please read over these reports carefully so you know the current progress of your child(ren). Our goal is to provide information that allows you to praise, encourage, challenge and be informed.
7th and 8th Grade Parents - Next summer (June 7 - 11, 2022) there will be the bi-annual Washington DC Trip. The trip is for any interested 7th and 8th grade students and their families. We will be going with a group from Byron Center Christian. The dates for the trip are June 7 - 11. There will be an informational meeting on Thursday, Oct.14, at 6:30 pm. The meeting will be held at Byron Center Christian School. Please come to the meeting if you are interested in going on the trip. Details will be given and dates will be set for signing up for the trip and when the first payments are due. See the attached PDF for further information. Curt DeYoung will be traveling with the Legacy group and Clay Lubbers will be traveling with the Byron Center group. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
EXPLORATORIES! For a number of years we’ve had exploratories in the middle school. It’s a wonderful way for our students to have a wide variety of experiences so they can explore their current interests or try things that they've never tried before. Examples of exploratory classes: Scrapbooking, sacred dance, karate, swing dance, film making, knitting, basket weaving, murals, card making, equestrian, fly tying and lure making, fishing, Zumba, Dutch language, skits, cartoon animation, Claymation, origami structures, wandering in God’s creation, disc golf, cake decorating.
We’re looking for volunteers and ideas! We’re looking for people who might be able to take one of these ideas or a new idea and have fun with a group of middle school students! The dates for this year’s exploratories, fall session, are Nov. 3, 4, 5 (W,Th,F). An exploratory class meets for about 90 minutes for three days during one week. The timeframe is 1:30-3:00 pm on each of the days. You would lead the class for all three days.
We’re looking for volunteers to share an interest, hobby or activity with a group of middle school students. If you’d like more information about this or would like to volunteer, please contact Lori Bolt at this e-mail address: email@example.com.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS
SEPT. 23 - HERITAGE 8 - AWAY
SEPT. 28 - HUDSONVILLE 7 - HOME
SEPT. 30 - ZEELAND - HOME
8TH GRADE VOLLEYBALL
SEPT. 23 - ALLENDALE - AWAY
SEPT. 28 - DUTTON 2 - HOME
SEPT. 30 - HERITAGE 2 - HOME
7TH GRADE VOLLEYBALL
SEPT. 23 - JENISON - HOME
SEPT. 28 - DUTTON 2 - AWAY
SEPT. 30 - ALLENDALE - AWAY
MOMS IN PRAYER
Mom's in Prayer meets again this Friday, Sept. 24! We will start at 8:10 and meet in the elementary conference room located between the computer lab and art room. Any parent is welcome to join us at any time! We take regulars and one-timers! There is no need to be "good" at prayer or praying aloud. We use a prayer sheet, and pray through Adoration (using scripture), Confession (silent), Thanksgiving, and Supplication. This week we will be praying for: Abby Hendriksma (3/4 SI), Stefanie Goudeaux (ES support/SI aide), Ruth Kenninson (5th SI) and Julie Piers (5th SI). You are welcome to observe and pray silently or join in and pray aloud. No experience necessary! Feel free to bring your Bible, or we have a few extras. Let's join together to lift up Legacy Christian and our kids to God in prayer.
Any questions or prayer requests for your child or family? We'd love to pray specifically with you.
Email Sara Brinks at firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATE!
If you are interested in being a vendor, please fill out the attached application and return to the school office. Thank you!
Its almost disbursement time!! I will be doing disbursements on Oct. 18. Checks will be ready for pick up on Oct. 21. If you need to make any changes to your TRIP account as to where your earnings are going, or want to hold your earnings to keep accumulating, please let me know no later than Oct 4.
If you want information on how TRIP works or how to sign up for TRIP, please contact Kristin Meulenberg or email email@example.com. You can find a copy of the TRIP order form on the Legacy website under "Current Parents" heading, then click on "TRIP".
Legacy Christian School TRIP coordinator
This week I would like to highlight another popular lunch item -- Drink Pouches. This includes all aluminum and plastic drink pouches (no need to remove the straws)! ALL BRANDS! There are bags in each classroom for your child to put the pouch in after they are done drinking.
You can see the attached flyer if you have any questions or feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM ENDING - RB HEALTH & NUTRITION. This includes all brands of vitamins, minerals, and supplements; cough, cold and flu medicine; sexual well-being, personal care, and foot care products; and infant formula and child nutrition. I know I just talked with several classes about this program. They were so excited to TerraCycle their allergy medicines. Sadly, we will not be able to after our next sort and ship date. Please send any you have at home in right away.
Our next sort and ship date is Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 1:00 pm, at the elementary campus. Feel free to join us!
- Heritage Christian School is hosting a 3 on 3 Basketball tournament on Nov. 6, 2021. This is for grades 3-8. Registration is due by Oct. 20. Please see the attached registration form. It can also be found on the website of Heritage Christian School https://www.heritageprschool.com/ under forms. Questions can be directed to Tara Koole by call or text to 616-808-6237.
- Renee McCaul (LCS parent) will be holding mini photo sessions on Oct. 2, for any 8th grade families that are interested in 8th grade photos for their child. Each session will cost $50 and it will be 15 minutes. You will receive 5 edited digital images as part of the package. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Renee at email@example.com.
- Children’s Creations Theater & Act II Theater for Teens presents Peter Pan, Jr! Come enjoy a night at the theater for families with children of all ages, Sept. 23, at 7:00 pm; East Grand Rapids Performing Arts Center (2211 Lake Drive). Tickets sold at the door, $12 each. For more information: https://childrenscreations.org/. Opportunities for children to join the next performance also available on the website!
UPCOMING DATES AND EVENTS
22 - October Hot Lunch Orders Due
24 - WC Magazine/Chocolate Bar Sale Ends
24 - 7th/8th Grade Progress Reports Sent Home via Email
5 - West Campus Picture Day
6&7 - Elementary Picture Day
6 - Caledonia Count Day
21&22 - NO SCHOOL/CEA CONVENTION
29 - End of 1st Quarter