Warren Staff Newsletter
April 27- May 1
I hope you all are well. I am so appreciative of your hard work and willingness to collaborate with Lona. Lona and I were able to debrief regarding what I missed. Below are my notes from Lona and I’s conversation. We can go over the following in more detail during tomorrow’s faculty meeting. Shoot me an email if there is something I have missed.
· Professional development on hold- more information to come
· Learning Academy- Non-Tenured staff should have all of their Learning Academy’s completed for this year
· Paras can now get into ThinkCentral
· Spring activities, Vigilante, 50’s Bash, etc. have been canceled
· Vigilante Day is a full day of work
· Middle school registration- still a work in progress
· All $ from this year is frozen (P.O.’s not accepted). If you did not spend your money it gets rolled over into next year. (Yes, you will be given your print budget $ remainder to spend next year 😉)I will let you know when I have those finalized totals
· No unit tests- only formative assessments. You will be updated during your district grade level meetings
· Be mindful of confidentiality (i.e. texting, Teams meetings, etc.)
· Montessori- extended registration. Montessori finalized May 14/15
· If chomebooks are not returned goes into PowerSchool. Fine ahs to be paid before graduation
· You all did a great job submitting and sharing your weekly lesson plans (THANK YOU!)
· Were able to connect with families we were working to connect with (Great news!)
· 2 new students were enrolled (5th grader and a 2nd grader)
· Reviewed Collette’s notes regarding connecting with students (Y’all worked hard to reach out to families and facilitate engagement and communication)
4.28 Board Meeting Agenda and Teams Link
· Weekly lesson plans need to be emailed to families by Monday morning @ 8:30
· Submit weekly lessons in Warren Teams file, so Tia can review.
No contact/ no work completion
Email Tia Monday morning the families who you did not receive have contact with this past week/ who did not submit work.
Summative Assessment and Formative Assessment
Justine and Ashley are working hard to create formative assessments for grades K-5. This will be for teachers to use the following week (April 27th) and will cover the standards for this coming week (April 20th). These formative assessments will pull questions from the bigger unit assessments and will align with identified I can statements for each week.
The focus: Constructive and meaningful feedback-- What are the formative assessments telling us?
· Need to be submitted to Wendy prior to Wednesday this week
Tier 3 students
K- Morris family (Leighann and Sharon)
K- Stoltz family (Leighann)
K- Dante Tynan (Leighann)
K-1 Stringer family (Leighann)
1st and 4th- Kyra and Traycen Fisher (Sharon)
2nd- Isabella Hartford (Mary)
2nd- Wyatt Cloward (Mary)
3rd- Calvin Schriver (Gwen)
3rd- Mia Barragan (Gwen)
3rd- Skylar Taylor
3rd- Hayden Lipes (Gwen)
5th- Inn Tevitt Binkason (Vicki)
4th- Adi Schoeburne + Schoenburne family (Vicki)
4th- Brian Davenport (Mary)
4th- Ta’Lia Hall + Jesse Shepansky (Vicki)
4th- Keghan Brancamp (Penny)
5th- Caden Miller (Penny)
5th- Rex Frisinger (Amanda)
5th- Morgan Moore (Penny/ Amanda)
Read to Ride Program- Share with your families!
Hello Superintendent Ream and area principals and staff,
Thank you again for your partnership of our Read to Ride program. I have received a number of phone calls and emails from parents and students so we know people are reading. We have extended the Read to Ride program through May 22 for each of the elementary students. Just a reminder, we will be awarding six bikes per school (one for each grade). Each child will receive one entry for each 30 minutes they read (or are read to). The bikes are beautiful bikes from Big Sky Cycling and are either Giant or Liv bikes.
Full details and forms can be found on each of our websites. I have included a link below. Please let me know if you have any questions. If you are unsure if your students have received the information (it started the same day as the "school from home" started and I know each of you were busy) please send information to the students. We want everyone to be able to participate.
Grab and Go Breakfast/ Lunch Update * new sites added
Robert has added two additional Grab and Go sites beginning on Monday, April 20, 2020. Students and families can pick up Grab and Go breakfast and lunch bags at any of the following sites..
Please communicate this information to all of your families. These additional sites may work better for some families regardless of where their children go to school.
- Bryant 11:45 - 1:00
- Broadwater 10:00 - 11:15
- Central 1:15 - 2:00
- 4 Georgians 10:00 - 11:15
- Warren 11:45 - 1:00
- Dollar Tree 10:00 - 11:15
- CVS (603 N Montana) 11:45-1:00
- Bob’s Valley Market 10:15-11:30
- Rossiter Elementary 12:00-1:00
- April 20th Smith 1:30-2:00 NEW
- April 20th Kessler 1:30-2:00 NEW
Remote Learning @ Warren
- K-5 lesson plans
- Expectations/ Guidelines
- Updates info. regarding para support
- Technology Support