WMS Friday Forecast
October 7, 2020 - Wednesday Edition - Week 8
To read this newsletter in a language other than English, please click on the "Translate Newsletter" link on the upper right-hand side of this page.
Para leer este boletín en otro idioma que no sea el inglés, por favor haga clic en el enlace "Traducir el boletín" en la parte superior derecha de esta página.
Included in EACH edition of the Friday Forecast - links will be added as needed
5 IMPORTANT ATTENDANCE ITEMS:
- All absences must be CALLED in to Wredling Attendance (331-228-3700 - available 24hrs). Email absence information cannot be accepted.
- When you call, you must leave the reason for your child's absence. If they are sick, please state their symptoms to avoid a call back from us or the nurse.
- Pre-arranged absences:
For 1-2 days, simply CALL the attendance line.
For 3 or more days, download and complete the Pre-Arranged Absence form.
- When your child misses a remote class or has internet difficulty, please CALL the Wredling Attendance line. We will update their attendance and place a note in the attendance entry.
- You may get a call/email for an unverified class period. Some reasons - student arrives (with a pass) to class after attendance, staff checked wrong box/wrong student. Please Note: We reconcile all absences each period by emailing and calling. We generally have cleared all absences by the end of the day, updating HAC. You do not need to call on these unless they remain marked unverified on HAC the next day. If it makes you feel more at ease to call right away, that is ok too.
Zoom Cheat Sheet for Conferences
Zoom Cheat Sheet:
NOVEMBER A/B CALENDAR
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS FOR THE YEARBOOK
Current theme: "HOMETOWN HEROES" - Pictures with family or friends who are front line workers in healthcare, police, fire, grocery, teachers, etc.
- Pictures can be shared through the Google drive or email at Timothy.Massie@d303.org OR
- CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW (computer or smartphone) and use access code - redhawks)
Click the button for the most recent news article from our 6th Grade
- Spirit Wear - WMS Spirit Wear has arrived and can be picked up from our main office.
- Photo packages from Material Pick-Up Days - If you haven't picked up your student's photos please do so. We still have several photo packages here!
You can pick up items during our normal office hours, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. We strongly encourage you to avoid coming from 8:00-8:30 am and 3:00-3:45 pm due to bus traffic.
REMOTE ACADEMY LEARNING RESOURCES
Welcome to remote learning! Remember that remote students have classes every day. Below are resources for our full remote learners:
You can check the attendance for any of your students at any time by logging into the Home Access Center and clicking on the attendance tab to view. Toggle between students using the arrow in the upper right hand corner.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the main office at (331) 228-3100! We are here to help!
Parenting The New Teen In The Age of Anxiety
Parent University was developed in response to the need for programming to address the social and emotional needs of students in District 303. Over the last decade, the district has strived to provide information on topics that are relevant, timely, and beneficial for all parents and guardians.
October 29, 2020
Parenting The New Teen In The Age of Anxiety
Dr. John Duffy, a nationally recognized expert in parenting for nearly twenty-five years, wrote this book as a guide for parents raising children who are growing up too quickly and, as a result, dealing with unresolved adolescent issues that can lead to anxiety and depression. Please indicate your interest in getting a copy of the book and event by filling out this form.
Dear Friends of RAM,
To continue our efforts, we are planning a RAM DRAWING to raise funds as the need for care and compassion is greater than ever.
We need your help and support in this endeavor not only by participating but also by sharing the RAM DRAWING FLYER below with your friends and family in our community.
TOGETHER, we can make this RAM DRAWING a success and continue our mission of spreading kindness!
Click the video links below for a glimpse into the heart of what makes RAM so special.
Healing and Recovery
Mental Health and Encouragement
ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS NEWSLETTER IS CURRENT AS OF THE PUBLICATION DATE. NEW INFORMATION WILL BE ADDRESSED IN FUTURE NEWSLETTERS.