Chastain Road Elementary
A Summary of our visit on November 10, 2017
Reading A - Z (All Grade Levels)
We looked as a group at your subscription to Reading A-Z.
Things to Remember:
- The user name and password are available from Mrs. Sexton.
- The books are intended to print to send home or use in class. Remember that you can upload a copy to your Google Drive or Schoology to share digitally without printing.
- You can interact with the text on your board by writing on the board when the book is in presentation mode using the pen and the menu available.
Tumble Books- (ALL GRADE LEVELS)
- Available in Classlink/Launchpad through Discus
- No log in required while on distict servers.
- Username for Discus UN:discus18 PW: explore
- You can register and it compiles a TRUE reading log for the user.
- Great Videos by National Geographic available.
- Great for Listen to reading. or to use for whole class.
- You can save the URL to a book and copy it to Schoology (or Classlink)
I will continue to look at classes to see if we can actually use this feature or not. I am hesitant that this will work since this is one single account for all who use SC Discus.
Learning Menus- (All Grade Levels)
TE 21- (Grades 3-5)
1. Name your assessment so that you can easily find it when scheduling. (I suggest school initials as well as teacher name. )
2. Level of difficulty is suggested between a 2.3 and 2.8.
3. The back button is not your friend.
4. Give the kids a practice test of 3-4 questions so that they are familiar with the format.
5. Students have a back navigation button beside the next button. At the end of the test, they will click on the blue close button which will take them back to the log in screen.
6. Schedule the test so that it appears on the student screen when they log in.
K-2 Teachers Sign-up
Please sign up for a time for me to be in your classrooms to help with the ClassLink Quickcards. I will plan to work with small groups at a time to show them how to use the QR Code and will help them sign in to what ever programs you want them to sign in to and will help them save their passwords to the password locker.