MNPS Summer Reading Resources
Metro Nashville Public Schools
Want E-Books and Digital Audiobooks?
MackinVIA: Ebooks & Digital Audiobooks
How to access:
- www.nashville.mackinvia.com (Use your Limitless Libraries username and password to log in. Contact your librarian if you need help with this information.)
If you want to narrow your search results and only see the audiobooks, for example,
- Under "All Resources," select "Audiobooks" to see what digital audiobooks your school owns.
Check out the one you want.
- Read or listen on a device.
- Or, download the MackinVIA app to read or listen to books on your phone or tablet.
- The book will automatically be returned on the due date, or you may select "return early."
Ebook & Digital Audiobook options @Limitless Libraries
How to access:
- Choose your school from the drop-down menu. You can also view the catalog in Spanish. This setting is in the upper right corner on the Limitless Libraries website.
- Search by title, author, or keyword.
- Above the search results, you will see the tab "Available now-online." Then, you will see a list of formats, such as ebook or Audiobook. Select the version you want and check it out.
- On the left side of the search results screen, click "Language" to see if translations are available.
- Use your Limitless Libraries username and PIN to log in. Contact your librarian if you need help with this information.
- For an ebook or e-audiobook, you may have several choices for the format, such as MackinVIA, Overdrive, EPub, Kindle, Hoopla. To read a book in the Overdrive or EPub format on a phone or tablet, download the Libby App. Or, you can select "Read Online" to read on your computer. For MackinVIA log-in help, see above section.
The ebooks and e-Audiobooks will automatically be returned on the due date, or select "return early."
MNPS Promising Scholars
Nashville Public Library
Participate in a Summer Reading Challenge!
Nashville Public Library's "Nashville Works Together"
Prizes will be awarded for reading and logging minutes in Beanstack. If you prefer to not use Beanstack, you may print a reading log or pick one up at various locations in Nashville. Information about how to log minutes in Beanstack and how to pick up a copy of a reading log are on the NPL Summer Reading website.
This year, we're doing something different. Instead of winning a prize for each reading goal, we're focusing on giving.
For each reading goal (15, 30, 45, 60 days), you'll earn a ticket you can use to vote for one of three non-profit organizations. At the end of Summer Reading, the Nashville Public Library Foundation will make a donation to each non-profit. The non-profit with the most votes gets the biggest donation.
But readers won't leave empty handed! Participants earn coupons good at various Nashville businesses at each reading milestone.
Receive a reusable Nashville Public Library bag.
15, 30, 45, or 60 Days Reading Prizes
- Earn a ticket for each 15 days read. Each ticket can be spent to vote for one of three non-profits.
- Earn a coupon for each 15 days read.
Activity Completion Prizes
- Earn a ticket for completing activities in June. Each ticket can be spent to vote for one of three non-profits.
- Earn one ticket for completing activities in July. Each ticket can be spent to vote for one of three non-profits.
Grand Prize Drawings
At the end of Summer Reading, each library location will have a drawing for a $150 gift card to a local bookstore.
How to Return Library Books
- Return MNPS school library books and Nashville Public Library books to any Nashville Public Library branch.
- You may also return MNPS school library books to the school they belong to, if the school has summer office hours. It is recommended that you call the school first.
- You may also return it to the MNPS school you attend during the school year.