The 3 cousins that led opposing sides in WW1
Wilhelm II of Germany
- Quote-"You will be home before the leaves have fallen from the trees."
-Quote explanation- Wilhelm is saying that his soldiers will be with their families soon and the war is going to be done.
- Who was Wilhelm II ?
-Wilhelm the II was the German Emperor and the King of Prussia, he ruled from June 15, 1888 to November 9, 1918. He was the eldest grandchild of Queen Victoria.Wilhelm was born on January 27th, 1859 and died on June 4th, 1941 at the age of 82. A very large majority of his relatives found him obnoxious and arrogant, but there is one person that thought the opposite of that and that was his grandmother Queen Victoria.
- What is Wilhelm II known for?
-Wilhelm II is usually remembered for is being the German Emperor during WW1, he was not remembered to be a great leader.
- Why was Wilhelm II the leader for Germany?
-Wilhelm's grandfather died in 1888 and by the time his backup took office he started dying from cancer, so Wilhelm was then the next option and he later found himself being the Emperor of Germany at age 29.
George V of England
- Who is George the V ?
- George V was born on June 3rd, 1865 and died on January 20, 1936. George served in the Royal Navy, but after his older brother Albert died, George was given the title Duke of York, he also received an education in British politics and became a member of the House of Lords.
- When did George V become King?
-George the V became king of England on May 6th, 1910 and he remained king up until his death in 1936.
- What is George the V known for?
-George is known to be a very supporting emperor for his troops during WW1, he visited front and military hospitals MANY times, this left most of his people with a positive outlook of him.
- Why was George V the leader of England?
- When Edward VII died on May 6th, 1910, George immediately took action and became king.
Nicholas II of Russia
- Who was Nicholas II of Russia?
-Nicholas II was born on May 6th, 1868 and died on July 16/17, 1918. Nicholas married a women that goes by the name Alexandra, they were married on November 26, 1894. He was crowned Emperor of Russia on May 26th, 1896.
- What was Nicholas II known for?
-Nicholas was not necessarily known to be a good leader, I say this because he handled WW1 and Bloody Sunday very poorly, he also was known to be supportive of his people and soldiers during WW1.
- Why was Nicholas II crowned Emperor of Russia?
-Succeeded his father on November 1st, 1894, he was crowned 2 years later in 1896 and he was the last Russian Emperor, he reigned until 1917.