- Flag Salute 1/13/20
- Middle School Assembly 1/13/20 @ 10:15
- Meet RCSD Night 1/13/20 at 5:30-7:30 @ Kennedy
- Meet RCSD NIGHT 1/14/20 @ 5:30-7:30 @ Hoover
- Lock Down Drill 1/16/20 @ 10:20 AM (Parents on campus, please find the closet classroom or office for lock down).
- California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) (5th & 7th grade students only) is Jan 15 -29
- PTO Meeting 1/16/20 @ 7:00 Room 16
- 1/16/20 PTO Meeting Room 16 7PM
- 1/20/20- No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 1/21/20 ELAC meeting room 16 3pm
- 1/27/20- Dolphin Creed Winners announced at Flag Salute
- 1/28/20 @ 3:00 SSC Rm 16
- 1/29/20, 8th Grade Parent Meeting for those interested in being on the 8th grade graduation committee at 5:00pm in the library
- 1/30/20 @ 6 5th Grade Parent Night Outdoor Ed Room 25
- 1/31/20 Middle School Dance at Roy Cloud
- 2/7/20-2/9/20 Clifford School Play- Legally Blonde Jr.
- 2/17/20- Presidents' Holiday- No School
- 2/24/20-2/28/20- 7th Grade Yosemite Trip!
- 3/20/20- Lincoln's Day- No School
- 3/27/20- Family Dance @ Clifford
- 3/30-4/3 5th Grade Outdoor Education Trip
Dolphin Creed Winners on 12/16/19
Dolphin Awards and Criteria...
Dates for nominated TK-5 students who will be awarded at flag salute are as follows:
January 27, February 24, March 23, April 20, May 18, June 1
Dolphin Cares- Students earning this award show concern and/or sympathy for others, are sensitive to the needs of others, offers support & giving their time, talents, and resources to help others, talking positively about others, considering the needs of others, not just their own. They show understanding of others by treating them with compassion, generosity, and a forgiving spirit. These students exemplify the Core Value of Care!
Dolphin Respect—Students earning this award have demonstrated respect for self, others, learning environment and learning. They have good behavior, good attitude, and participate in class on a daily basis. Students earning this award are the most improved student. These students exemplify the Core Values of RESPECT
Dolphin Empathy - Students earning this award have demonstrated care and concern towards other Dolphins. They consistently reach out to others and help them feel cared for. These students exemplify the Core Value of EMPATHY!
Dolphin Eagerness—Students earning this award exhibit leadership among their peers, earn high grades in all content areas, and are considered a positive role model for their peers. These students are also asking for extra credit and go above and beyond when working on projects and/or special assignments. These students are never tardy between classes and are always ready to learn from bell to bell. These students exemplify the Core Value of being EAGER!
Dolphin Dreamer—Students earning this award are helpful to others, consistent with their work ethic, and are students who try hard in classes. These students set goals and are always looking to the future. These Dolphin Dreamers are not only creative, but they are resourceful and inspire others to think outside the box. The Dolphin Dreamer is gentle by nature and loyal. These students live above their background and don’t let hard times change their course. Even in adversity, they believe they will still be successful! These students exemplify the Core Value of DREAMER!
Please share with potential new families about key dates and enrollment timelines!
Do you want to learn more about Sequoia's honors IB Program?
- Is your 8th grader attending Sequoia High School next year? Do you want to learn more about Sequoia's honors IB Program? Please attend Sequoia's 8th Grade IB Info Meeting on January 14th from 6:00 pm at Sequoia High School in Carrington Hall. This meeting will be held in English. Thank you. See link: https://tinyurl.com/wb4d2wo
- Si su estudiante del octavo grado asistirá a Sequoia High School el próximo año ¿Quiere que sea exitoso en la preparatoria y que asista a la universidad? Para que su estudiante sea exitoso en la preparatoria y aprenda sobre el programa de honores de IB, por favor asista a la reunión del Octava Grado sobre Información del programa IB el martes,14 de enero 2020 en el Centro de Medios/ Biblioteca de la escuela Sequoia a las 6.00 pm. Esta reunión es muy importante para usted y será ofrecida en español. LOS ESPERAMOS https://tinyurl.com/wb4d2wo
More info to come next week!
How you can support Clifford!
Dear Dolphin Families...
Welcome back to school and happy 2020!
I hope everyone had a restful and rejuvenating winter break and that all families had a great start to 2020! I enjoyed my time with family and friends over the break.
The staff and I were so excited to see your children return to school on Wednesday! We are ready for a great second half of the year and we are geared up for new challenges and fun activities at Clifford. Our students are academically prepared and our instructional program is strong.
I want to share with you that the annual, district Panorama Climate survey is coming up later this month, as well as the California Healthy Kids Survey. The Panorama Climate Survey (for all 3th-8th grade students, staff & families) is Jan 20-29. The California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) (5th & 7th grade students only) is Jan 15 -29.
Please note these dates on your calendars and be on the lookout for survey instructions in the next two weeks. Students will access the survey using RCSD Chromebooks in their classrooms and entering their Student IDs as access codes. Staff will receive an email from Panorama Education with a link to the survey and will be completing it, independently, during a staff meeting.
Families will receive Blackboard Mass Notifications emails that include the family survey link for our school. Families will receive the survey in the language they selected as their preferred language for communication from the district. They will answer the questions and then select the “submit” button to enter their survey response. Be sure to tap the “submit” button, so the responses will be recorded.
Happy weekend and we'll see you on Monday, January, 13th!