Milton High School Weekly Updates
Return to School
For the first 2 days our students were able to see all of their teachers to review school and classroom expectations for the year. We held assemblies for all 4 grades to review expectations for student learning at MHS so all of our students can have a successful year ahead!
This week's newsletter contains a lot of back to school notifications so please take a few minutes to read through. Thank you!
The Milton High School bell schedule can be found here. We will continue with a 7 day rotating schedule which will have an advisory period built in every day. We are keeping a 4th lunch in our schedule to help with overcrowding in the cafeteria during lunches. Our lunch schedule can be found here and will be updated if necessary.
As always our schedule, events and calendar updates can be found on Plus Portals.
MHS Theatre Program Wants YOU!
Save the Date for MHS Open House
MHS Picture Day-Save the Date!
A message from Hayward Photography:
All photography will take place outdoors. In the event of inclement weather, our photographers will make every effort to photograph the students using a doorway or overhang.
All photographs will be shipped directly to each student’s address as provided on their order.
We instituted a ‘prepayment system’ in 2020 for parents to order and pay online to reduce student/staff handling of several papers and payment materials coming into school. We can still accommodate parents who prefer to pay using cash or checks. Payments can be mailed to or dropped off at our office at 26 Eliot Street, Milton, MA 02186. Online Orders are preferred and strongly recommended.
Community Service and Employment Opportunities
HOW TO SAVE THOUSANDS ON THE COST OF COLLEGE---Financial Aid Webinar-Do's and Don'ts of Financial Aid
Just register here to attend the seminar and to receive a recording and slides if you can't make it live.
You will learn:
1. How this works and how/where your student will receive discounts
2. Where is your student likely to receive scholarships?
3. How do we get discounts even if we won't qualify for
4. FAFSA Do's & Don'ts (and 2023 changes!)
5. Business & Homeowner Do's & Don'ts
6. What Divorced/Separated Families should know
Nursing Updates--- Immunization Requirement for All Juniors
Covid-19 Information September 2022: Please see this link from MA DESE for details on COVID testing in schools. MPS will not be providing in school testing or supplying at home kits as these programs are no longer offered at no cost by the state. Please see this link for quarantine and isolation guidelines. The CDC has updated its guidance for people who know they have been exposed to COVID-19.
The joint early childhood & K-12 guidance for students and staff has also been updated to reflect the updated CDC guidance on exposure and isolation in these settings. This guidance is further acknowledgment that, while COVID-19 is still with us, for a majority of people, COVID-19 no longer severely disrupts their daily lives.
Food Services Updates
Our Director of Food Services has also asked that we share these documents with families in regards to our Free and Reduced program and application.
Fall Sports are underway! Find all the schedules here. You can follow any team and receive updates by email or text. You can also receive reminders before each game and create a link to your Google Calendar.
The first Football Game is next Friday, Sept 9th at 7:00pm as the Wildcats host the reigning Division IV State Champions, Scituate Sailors. There is no admission charge for any home regular season contests this year.
Please welcome our new coaches to the MHS Athletics staff.
- Courtney Chester is our new Fall Cheerleading Coach. Courtney cheered at Curry College and won a National Championship coaching with the Colonels in 2019. Kerin Cox joins her as the JV Assistant. Kerin cheered at Providence College and brings a ton of coaching experience!
- Genevieve Connelly returns to coach with the Cross Country Program, having run as a Wildcat during a great stretch in program history from 2015-2018. Genevieve continued her running career as a Stag at Fairfield University.
- Molly O’Toole joins the staff as our new Dance Coach for the Winter 2022-23 Season. O’Toole won 8 straight State Champions as a member of the Braintree Dance Team, serving as their captain in two seasons. O’Toole studied and performed Jazz, Tap, and Ariel Dance at the University of New Hampshire.
SEPAC Board Meeting
Upcoming SEPAC Events: SEPAC reps will be present at each of the upcoming Back to School nights. Look for our table!
Thursday, September 22 "Does Your Student Need a Tutor, a Coach, or a Therapist?" a FREE WEBINAR by Signet Education Thursday, September 22, 2022, 6:00pm - 7:00pm EST Register Here
Tuesday, October 11, 6:30-8:30, Parent Speak Meeting , Place TBD This is an important meeting to kick off our year. The board will meet in person to hear from parents as we continue to shape our agenda for the '22-'23 year. Board elections will be held after this meeting and the new board will be installed Monday, November 14. Please come and be part of this essential parent advocacy and support group.
District Notifications for All Families
A Message from Acting Supt Janet Sheehan
Comprehensive Health Education Program
Letter to Parents/Guardians for Asbestos Management
Letter to Parents/Guardians for Integrated Pest Management Program