Mrs. McCann's Grade One
Weekly Newsletter: WEEK 14
Upcoming Important Dates
- Friday, Dec. 9 - 11:40 Dismissal (remember to pack a snack), Assembly @ 10:30, Gator Blocks
- Thursday, Dec. 15 - Fun Lunch & Cookie Dough Pick up
- Friday, Dec. 16 - 11:40 Dismissal (remember to pack a snack), Gator Blocks
- Monday, Dec. 19 - School Council Meeting
- Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Christmas Concert in the Aspen Grove Gym @ 6:15
- Thursday, Dec. 22 - School Spirit: "X-mas Hat Day", Last Day of School
- Friday, Dec. 23 to Sunday, Jan. 8 - Christmas Break
- Monday, Jan. 9 - First Day Back to School
- STUDENT LED CONFERENCES: Thank you to all of you who came to Student Led Conferences. I appreciate all you do in supporting your child's learning. Well done to all the students as well. You guys are amazing!!
- CHRISTMAS TREE: If you have a christmas tree (approximately 6 feet) that you would be willing to lend or donate to the classroom please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking for one that we can use for the next few weeks.
- CANTEEN: Please let me know if you would like more canteen forms.
- FUN LUNCH: The next fun lunch will be on Dec. 15. Just a quick reminder that there is no canteen on fun lunch days. To order fun lunch please see the link below: http://www.munchalunch.com/schools/aspengroveAB
- SLEDDING: Students are allowed to bring their sleds to school as long as they are the flat style. These are to be stored in the bootroom and should be labelled. Students can share with one other person. They are asked not to stand on their sled, and to go down on their knees or bottoms only. If your child is not wearing ski pants, jacket and mitts they will not be permitted to use the sledding hill.
- SCHOOL CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION: On December 20, Aspen Grove will be having a Christmas Concert in the school gym. Start time is approximately 6:15. Each grade will be singing one or two Christmas songs. Students are to be dropped off in their classrooms prior to the concert. I look forward to hearing some wonderful Christmas music.
- SOUP LABELS: Please bring in your Campbell soup labels, Goldfish cracker labels, Prego labels and V8 labels for drop off at the office. These labels are collected and used to purchase gym equipment for out school!
Here are a few things that have been "happening" in the classroom. These are great discussion starters with your child.
1) Talk about the new characters we were introduced to for the letter Qq (Quentin Quail) and Vv (Victor Vampire). What is their favourite sound?
2) Ask your child to add up items up to 10. Ask them which strategies they can use to get the answer.