May 2, 2016
The big day is finally here! ES Teachers, a few reminders:
1) Computers - Please make sure to grab a computer cart from the MS teachers if you do not already have one stationed in your classroom.
2) Login Cards - Please have them ready before-hand.
3) Administration Guideline - Please remember to have the script handy and use it when administering the assessment.
4) Support - We will all be here for extra support should you have an issue.
5) Special Supports for Students - If students are being pulled, or need questions read aloud, remember they may be testing at a different time. During your class assessment, these students may sit quietly and read, or be sent to a partner classroom that isn't testing. Stay tuned for a schedule of pull-outs from the SPED dept.
6) Math Administration - If you are administering math, makes sure to have scratch paper provided.
7) Snacks - You will each receive snacks for your students in case they missed breakfast and/or need a pick-me-up. It's up to you when you'd like them to have it.
8) Motivation - Remember that student motivation/confidence is a key factor in student success on the assessment. A couple ideas:
- Test Dedication - Have your students think of a person they are "dedicating" their test to. If there's time, you can even have them draft a letter.
- Testing chant before getting started -- I used to have my students chant "We will do our very best, we are going to ROCK this test!"
9) Breaks -- Remind your students to take frequent breaks from looking at the screen (looking up at the ceiling is a good practice) AND to watch their posture during the assessment.
LET'S DO THIS!!!
Math Field Day
SURPRISE!!!! Staff Massages This Wednesday!
This is YOUR chance to tell us what you think we can spend money on to improve Vista!
Office Staff Location Schedule
Coming Up This Week...
- Vera, Perez Out
- ES SBAC Begins
- 7th Grade Field Trip
- 12:00 - IEP-E.V. (McCarthy, Haddad)
- 12:45 - ILT Meeting
- 1:45 - YPI Check-In
- 3:30 - SST Follow-Up - E. Castellanos (
- Perez Out
- ES SBAC
- 9:00-11:00 - Buczek, Fennema, Pope - Meeting
- Perez Out
- ES SBAC
- 1st Grade Field Trip - Getty
- 1:30 - Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- 4:00 - Soccer Game - Culver City
- Perez Out
- Buczek Out - Director's Meeting
- Cinco de Mayo
- 8:30 - R. Santos IEP - (Fennema, Batshoun)
- 7:30 - 8:30 - Teacher Appreciation Breakfast (3-8 Campus)
- 11:15 - K-2 Lunch with Principal
- 12:15 - 3-5 Lunch with Principal
- 5:00 - FIYA Spirit Team Competition
Buczek's Tentative Schedule
Instructional Focus - 2.2B - Response to Behavior
5/9-5/13 - MS SBAC Testing
5/9-5/11 - 5th Grade - Astro Camp
5/25 - Parent Appreciation Meeting/Open House
5/25-5/27 - 6th Grade - Pali Institute
5/27- 1st Grade Field Trip
5/27 - 3rd Grade Field Trip
5/27 - Student of Month/Fun Friday
5/30 - No School - Memorial Day
5/31 - Jog-a-thon
6/3 - Grad Night
6/3 - Spring Music Show
6/8 - Career Day
6/8 - Cheer Banquet
6/9 - Kinder Field Trip - Zoo
6/9 - SSC Meeting
6/10 - Talent Show
6/13 - Field Day
6/14 - End of Year Awards (3-8) - 8:15
6/14 - End of Year Awards (K-2) - 2:00
6/15 - 8th Grade Culmination -10:00
6/16 - Kinder Celebration, 5th Grade Celebration, Last Day of School
Links to Important Forms
Remember to make a copy and share with the observee AND admin.
This one is super important for helping us keeping track of which students have detention on which days. Please submit every time you assign detention.
May be completed online or by paper (see the pink referral forms in your hardcopy VIP binders) but please be sure to submit either one when a student is referred to the office.
To request help from our Tech Guru Mr. Satoshi Kobayashi
To request help from our Maintenance Guru Mr. Bernard!
To request the convening of a Student Success Team to support a student with sustained difficulties in the area of behavior, academics, attendance, and/or physical/mental health despite documented targeted interventions such as tutoring, parent contact, etc.