October 12 - October 916
"Set Sail on a Voyage of Learning!"
Free Flu Shots
Annual Enrollment ... October 1–31
During the benefits enrollment period in October, employees may enroll in, re-enroll in, or make changes to various benefit options. The new Benefits Advantage booklet will be coming to your location soon and is available via the Employee Portal on the district website. Trained benefits counselors will be on site to meet with you and explain your benefits for 2016.
Please refer to the email from Rhonda Henderson (Sept. 23rd) for important information on this year’s enrollment and directions for accessing your PEBA insurance profile online at MyBenefits, which is accessible for your reference and for contact information updates at any time and for making coverage changes during the enrollment period.
Election Day - November 3rd
If you vote in your local election that day and return your "I voted" sticker to Mrs. Davis (attached to an index card with your name), you will be allowed to wear jeans on Friday, November 6th.
Events for the Week
National School Lunch Week
- 8:00am - Terrific Kid program (cafeteria)
- 10:30am - Instructional Team meeting
- 2:00pm - Fall Instructional Conference (Davis, McKinney, Vinesett)
- CCC Observations begin (and continue through October 23rd)
Tuesday, October 13th
- 2:30pm - Faculty Meeting (all staff) / Staff Development
- 7:00pm - District 2 Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 14th
- 9:00am - 5K Field Trip to the Piedmont Interstate Fair
- 3:45pm - Fine Arts Meeting
Thursday, October 15th
- 8:00am - Title I / SIC meeting
- Earthquake Drill
Friday, October 16th
- Spirit Day
- SchoolPace entries due. (There is a folder on the P Drive that will have your class already created in it. Please update your records and then save.)
- 8:15am - CHS Teacher Cadets to teach lesson
- Every Friday is "SPIRIT DAY". All students and staff are encouraged to wear a school shirt or school colors.
- Ice Cream will be on sale on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Be sure that you are signed up to receive faculty and staff reminders! *** To receive text messages - text @79284 to 81010 or @79284 to 8644695639 *** To receive messages via email - send an email to email@example.com