Editors: Kaylea Rodgers and Dalton Renick
By: Cameran Martin and Hailey Buttram
The game against Orrick, on Tuesday, October 8th, was exciting as well as nerve wracking for most Cougar fans as they watched Kenna Brandes earn her 1,000th dig. She is the first to do so in Crest Ridge volleyball history.
The Crest Ridge Lady Cougars have played a total of 28 games this season, with 3 remaining. This number excludes post season play in which the girls plan to go all the way to state with their exceptional team this year.
The Cougars have a record of 20-4-3 so far this season which is already better compared to last years record of 21-10-1.
The Lady Cougars were awarded with a second place trophy on October 12th, as a result of their hard work at the I-70 Conference Tournament.
The District Volleyball Tournament will be held on October 28- 30th at Drexel High School.
According to MSHSAA, Crest Ridge has the best record in the district, winning 85% of their games.
By: Karsyn White
1) What is the most rewarding thing about being a football coach?
- Developing lifelong relationships and trying to be a positive influence.
2) What are the Varsity's strengths?
- Our speed and skill help on both sides of the ball.
- They are coach-able and will to do what's best for the team.
3) What are the Junior High's strengths?
- They are flexible and have learned numerous positions to help the team however they can.
4) What is something that the Junior High can improve upon?
- They need to improve on blocking and tackling fundamentals as well as becoming a cohesive team that works together every day.
5) What team building activities does the team do outside of school?
- We have team BBQ's, went to a Mizzou football game, and do community service projects.
- We are ready everyday to start practice and I believe that helps us to bond as a brotherhood on a deeper level.
6) What would you like to say about the team so far this year?
- They are really fun to coach and bring good energy to the team.
- They are coach-able and buying into the culture we want to represent as a program.
Interview and story by Paige Hollandsworth
- October 14th: Teachers-Conferences
- October 21st: No School
- October 28th: National FFA Convention
- October 29th to November 2nd: Teachers-PD
- November 4th: No School
- November 11th: Teachers-PD
- November 18th: CRJH Basketball Tournament
- November 19th to November 21st: No School-Thanksgiving Break
- November 27th to December 2nd: Elementary Music Program
- December 12th: Winter Concert
- December 16th: Early Release
By Dusty Silvers
By: Montana Mistler
Guess the Teacher
I wanted to become a teacher because I wanted to give people knowledge, which I think is the best gift you can give someone.
What is your favorite thing about teaching?
My favorite thing about teaching is seeing the growth of students as they learn and start to understand things over time.
What is your favorite book?
The Memory Man by David Baldacci
Guess the Student
A Walk to Remember
What is your favorite class?
What is your favorite sport?
Guess Who section by Katie Blankenship
By: Kaitlyn Bredeman
Maps of Greece!
Lane Miller shows his map of Greece while Kylie Faust & Spencer Vossler admire from afar.
Maps of Greece!
Quincy Cox & Alex Smith: future cartographers.
Juniors and Seniors
By: Kenna Brandes
By: Emma McQuitty
By: Haylee Gregg and Karsyn White
By: Haylee Gregg and Cameran Martin
By: Cameran Martin
All of the Crest Ridge Competitors with their huge spirit group that went to support them!
Jolene and her friend, Kamryn, celebrating together on the podium after their race.
Kody competing in the long jump as everyone claps and cheers for him.