Eagle's Nest 🦅
Scenic Park (Week of April 4th)
This week: 4/5-4/9
- Monday, April 5th - Friday, 4/9 - 2nd week of PEAKS testing
- Tuesday, April 6th - Kindergarten Roundup (11am-12pm)
- Thursday, April 8th - Lion's Club Vision Screening for K-2
- Friday, April 9th - Eagle Pride Spirit Day!
Here is this week's episode of Ms. Brandt recommends which features some fun new books we've received in the Scenic Park library. Enjoy!
Order your yearbook...
- Go to www.treering.com/validate
- Enter your school’s passcode: 10161584110995
- Regular Price: $20.00
- Deadline: April 12th
Link to view your student's picture proofs. You will need to enter in your student's legal first and last name as it appears on all ASD documents. ?'s or concerns: contact Fitzgerald Photography at: email@example.com or (907)726-1562
Elem Ed Summer Learning Programs
We will be working with staff this week to identify those students who qualify for the summer programs. Teachers will be in touch with families about registration and availability. More info to come.
** Repeat ** 2021 PEAKS State Assessment for Grades 3, 4 & 5
Each spring, Alaskan students are provided an opportunity to show what they know. When students show what they know, teachers and parents can partner to promote student success. The Performance Evaluation for Alaska’s Schools (PEAKS) is Alaska’s summative assessment administered to students in Grades 3-9 (English language arts and mathematics) and grades 5, 8 and 10 (science) each spring. The purpose of a large-scale, summative assessment is to provide parents and schools an overall picture of a student’s progress in meeting the Alaska standards at his/her grade level. The assessment is taken on the computer and is not timed, but each content area takes approximately 100-180 minutes.
Parents can locate resources for the PEAKS assessment, including directions for PEAKS Practice tests, called Online Tools Training and PEAKS Tutorials on the ASD website at www.asdk12.org/PEAKS. Parents can also help by ensuring their children are well rested, eat a nutritious breakfast, and are at school on time for the days of testing. Please avoid scheduling appointments on your child’s testing days.
The ASD PEAKS testing window below allows for school assessment scheduling flexibility. Students! Get ready to show what you know during our school’s PEAKS testing dates:
- 3rd Grade: March 29th-April 1st
- 4th Grade: April 2nd-April 8th
- 5th Grade: March 29th-April 1st, April 5th & 6th
- Make Ups: Friday, April 9th
- LINK: DEED Video: Why is Assessment Important (6:13 minutes)
- LINK: Frequently Asked Questions about Student Assessment Data
- LINK: Why Should My Child Take the State Assessment?
Scenic Park Virtual Families:
As a virtual family, you have an opportunity to bring your student in during Scenic Park’s Testing dates listed above.
- If you choose to participate, please contact the office (742-1650) by Friday, March 19th.
- If you wish not to participate, please send an email to the principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating that you wish for your child not to take part in the PEAKS assessment this year.