Oak Farm Montessori School
Community Memo - January 8, 2016
Dates to Note:
January 1 - 20: Lunch Ordering OPEN
January 15: Early Dismissal @ 11:45 for faculty inservice
January 21: Moving-Up meeting for parents of current Kindergarteners
January 25: Golf Team Parent Meeting @ 3:45
January 26: Oak Farm Connects at Warm Heart Food Pantry in Waterloo
January 28: Moving-Up meeting for parents of current Third Graders
February 4: Moving-Up meeting for parents of current Sixth graders
February 8: Upper Elementary Field Trip
2016-2017 School Year Calendar
This is not the complete calendar, but below are the dates when school will be closed during the 2016-17 school year.
- August 22: First Day of School
- September 5: Labor Day - School Closed
- October 17: Fall Break - School Closed
- October 27-28: Fall Conferences - No School for Students
- November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break
- December 21 - January 3: Winter Break
- February 13: Mid-Winter Break (possible make up day)
- March 9-10: Spring Conferences - No School for Students
- April 3 - 7: Spring Break - School Closed
- April 14: Good Friday - School Closed
- May 26: Last Day of School
Oak Farm Connects @ Warm Heart Community Outreach
- WHEN: Tuesday, January 26 @ 5pm - 7:30
- WHO: Oak Farm Families - young & old alike!
- WHAT: Come help serve dinner to those in need or help pack up a bag of groceries from the food pantry, or sit & visit with the folks there.
We are also inviting people to donate jelly (as healthy as possible, such as Smuckers Simply Fruit , though) to go with the peanut butter and bread that they usually have in stock. We'll have drop-off locations in the Victorian Farmhouse and Upper Elementary through Monday, January 25.
Thank you Canino family for organizing this! Please email Macy if you plan on attending - there is a need for 7-10 people. firstname.lastname@example.org
Track Coach Needed
Please contact Lori Zacharias if you are interested: email@example.com
Buy Your Yearbook NOW!
Yearbooks are onsale - $25 per copy! These are only available through the publisher's website: https://yearbookforever.com/#
After School Clubs
- MONDAY - Yearbook for Middle School Students
- WEDNESDAY - Cross Stitching for Lower Elementary Students
- THURSDAY - STEAM Club for Upper & Middle School Students
*We are waiting for confirmation details for Chess Club (Kindergarten & Lower students)
Tall Oak Gala - the Invitations have been mailed!
This is a celebration of the school and all that happens here. We hope you can make it this year - it will be a WONDERFUL night!
You can RSVP here, or accessing it through the website: oakfarm.org/rsvp