Franklin Friday News
What's Going On At #FAPBG-Week of March 4, 2019
We have seen an increase in the amount of families disregarding our carline rules and procedures which is putting our students in danger. We understand that carline can be frustrating for parents trying to drop their students off and pick their students up each day, however the policies and procedures we've put in place not only work to ensure that every one gets through the line fairly, but more importantly, that everyone stays safe.
Please remember and abide by the following:
- STUDENTS MAY NOT BE DROPPED OFF BEFORE 7:15 AM. You are welcome to bring your students before 7:15, however you must stay with your students in your car until we open the doors at 7:15. There are no exceptions to this policy. If this continues, we will be gin charging parents for early drop off in the same manner as late pick-up.
- U-turns made to avoid the parking lot are prohibited. This is a major safety issue and should not be done at ANY time.
- The speed limit in the parking lot and carline is 5 miles per hour.
- Cell phones should not be used while in the school parking lot and car line.
- Follow the directions of the staff in the parking lot. Do not cut off other parents or attempt to jump lanes.
- In the absence of a staff member directing cars into specific lanes, please default to lanes 1 & 2 and leave lane 3 & 4 for parents and faculty members who are parking.
- Early dismissal ends at 2:00 PM. Please arrive before 2:00 PM to pick up your student if you are doing an early dismissal.
Get ready to Stomp, Chomp and Read at the Spring Book Fair! It’s a place where reading rules the Earth and dinosaur adventure lives on! Students can strengthen their reading skills as they track down new books perfect for them. The Book Fair will be: February 27- March 7, 7:30- 3:30 daily. "Family” Night is March 7, 4-6 pm. Please sign up in the Raptor System, if you would love to Volunteer! Don’t forget you can use e-wallet to save a hassle and not have to worry about checks or credit cards. Please visit our web page to sign up: www.scholastic.com/bf/franklinacademy10.
Thursday, March 7th, 6pm
5651 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Franklin Baseball Tryouts!
Girls flag football tryouts are coming. Time to get in your sports physical in. Tryouts will be after spring break.
Our first Track Meet will be March 7th at Cardinal Newman. The fun starts at 4:30 PM. Run Patriots, Run!
Attn 8th Grade: The Jupiter High Meeting at IMS is cancelled per Jupiter High Administration.
Caught Soaring! Teacher shout-outs submitted by parents!
March 4- James Monds, Jr.
March 4- Mary Mitchell
March 4- Jennifer Paletta
March 5- Amber Grove
March 8- Andrea Brewer
March 10- Julie Bellan
March 10- Bryan Johnson
March 16- Seth Cantrell
March 16- Aleesa Jabar
March 21- Leah Hanza
March 22- Sarah Rankow
March 30- Jim DeFelice
March 30- Abby Baker
FRANKLIN ACADEMY PALM BEACH GARDENS
BUILDING BETTER PEOPLE, EVERYDAY
An International Baccalaureate Candidate School
Primary Years Programme