Counseling Department Newsletter
In this Issue
- Upcoming Events and Presentations
- College Process Deadlines and Resources
- SAT Testing Dates
- Mental Health Tip of the Month!
- World Mental Health Day
- October 3rd - 7th in Freshman Seminar Classes: Counselor Presentation - Intro to Counseling Office, Naviance Learning Styles Inventory
- October 13th, 6 pm - 7 pm: - Welcome to High School Presentation for Parents/Guardians of Freshmen in Auditorium
- October 25th, 9:05 am- 9:45 am in Activity Period: Counselors visit Freshman Homerooms
- October 18th, 9:11 - 9:36 am in Activity Period: Counselor Presentations - Common Application, Naviance, Essays. (Common Application in Auditorium, Essay Writing in Media Center, Naviance in Black Box Theater)
- November 1st, 6 pm - 7 pm: Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority (MEFA) Financial Aid Presentation in Auditorium
Parents/Guardians of the Freshmen Class!
Please join us for a presentation by the School Counseling Department regarding your student's transition to high school on Thursday, October 13th from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm in the auditorium. Presentation topics will include the role of the school counselor, the Naviance College and Career Platform, graduation requirements, tips to ensure a successful high school experience at Wachusett, and much more. We will record and livestream this event for those who cannot attend in person and invite families to join us for the presentation virtually by clicking HERE.
MEFA Financial Aid Presentation
Mental Health Tip of the Month!
How to keep the Sunday Scaries away
"Sunday Scaries" is the anxiety that sets in on Sundays with anticipating the return to school or work.
What contributes to Sunday Scaries?
- Holding off on doing homework until the last minute
- Not having adequate relaxation time
- Not having enough time to study
- Not looking forward to a certain class
- Not looking forward to waking up early
How to keep the Sunday Scaries away:
- Create a checklist of assignments that need to be completed before Monday and for the remainder of the week
- Create a relaxing Sunday night routine to take care of yourself before returning to school
- Practice self-care and relaxation techniques
- Find a bedtime that works for your schedule and stick to it consistently
- Set up a Monday treat for yourself. Ex: eating your favorite breakfast food, packing yourself a piece of candy to enjoy at school, listening to your favorite music or podcast
For more information and resources, view the Headspace article linked here
World Mental Health Day
For more information, click on the link below: