Welcome to August
Back to School Updates 8/7/2023
Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year
As we prepare for the 2023-2024 school year, we ask that you make sure all contact information is up-to-date in Final Forms. This will ensure that you receive communication from school in a timely manner.
Thank you for entrusting your students to us for their high school experience. We are grateful to be a part of every Eagle's path to success.
Mr. Yeager and the MHS NGC Team
Lockers can be requested at any point in the school year. It is OK to wait and see if you will actually need one!
Back to School Information
- Schedules available on PowerSchool. Need help logging into PowerSchool? Click here.
- Schedule walk / Pay Fees / School Pictures - 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Monday, August 14th
- Open House - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Tuesday, August 15th
- First Day of School
Cell Phones and Wireless Earbuds/Headphones
We expect students to be focused and on-task when they are in class. The expectation is for cell phones and Bluetooth earbuds/headphones/AirPods to be put away in the classroom to help eliminate distractions. Students may have a phone but are not permitted to use it in class.
Cell phones and earbuds are prohibited during class time except under the request and supervision of instructional staff. If a teacher or staff member designates that cell phones can be used for a class activity or break, students may do so. Otherwise, devices may be accessed before school, during class change, during lunch, and after school. If you need to reach your student in an emergency, you may contact the school office, and your student will be appropriately notified.
The consequence for violating this policy is a lunch detention for the first infraction and Tuesday/Thursday School for subsequent infractions.
*Students will need to purchase a set of wire-connected earbuds for classroom use on Chromebooks, in the instance of teacher-assigned videos, etc.
Important changes have been made at the federal level to the Free and Reduced Meals Program. For Milford Schools families, this means a return to pre-pandemic operations. Parents, guardians and caregivers will be able to complete these forms beginning August 1 using QuikApps as part of the PaySchools parent portal. Parents may apply for Free/Reduced meals (or re-apply if their economic situation changes) at any time throughout the school year at Payschoolscentral.com, or you can obtain a paper application from your child’s school. Please keep in mind that any charges that occur prior to the approval of an application will be the responsibility of the parent to pay.
Families are required to complete and submit a current school year free/reduced meal application if they would like to see if their students qualify based on income or category eligibility. The first 30 days of the school year will carry over the meal status from 22-23 school year. School meals are offered to all students, unless you mark restrictions in the parent portal of your payschools’ account. Any negative balances accrued are the responsibility of the parent to pay during that school year.
Please remember to mark the fee waiver portion of the application or return your Direct Certification paper filled out!!!! ****Please apply quickly as approved applications cannot be backdated to cover charges made prior to the approval.
**New this year...The Ohio Budget Bill will fully subsidize meals for students who qualify as "reduced" but not "free". This means that a student's breakfast (of applicable) and lunch will be provided at no cost. Please note that if a child requests a second meal, it will not be covered as part of the program.
If you have questions with the process or application, please contact Kim Gregory in Nutrition Services at 513-576-4160.
How to Apply:
- Click here to access PaySchools
- Click here for a set-up guide for parents
- Once you have PaySchools, set-up QuikApps which allows you to submit an application
- Once you apply, you'll receive immediate notification of a decision.
Have you signed up for PaySchools yet?
If not, you can do so here!
What makes PaySchools easier for parents?
- You can add money to you account seamlessly
- Money is visible immediately
- Set up auto-replenish
- Set up reminders to add money
- Using it is easy for students -- they just provide their student ID to access money in the account
- Students can also pay with cash if the account isn't set up or is out of money
- Parents can add in their own restrictions
To view your student's meal activity:
- Select Reports from the right hand side menu
- Choose the Meal/A La Carte Activity Report and the students for whom you wish to run the report
- You can also change the date range to view 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, or a custom date range
- Click on Generate Report to run the report
- You will see a list of transactions from oldest to newest
- Click on the triangle to the left of any transaction to see further details on the items ordered
- The report will also show any payments deposited onto the account
- The report can be downloaded as a PDF or Excel file.
If you are having trouble, please call the parent help line at 877-393-6628. Their hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 7PM EST.
Check out the Menu Site
- Build your own menu, including being able to see any allergens and dietary details
- Keep up with any last minute changes due to supply chain disruptions
- Access in all languages
Find Your Child’s Bus Route via ELinks
Starting in August 2019, Milford's Transportation Department will share bus routes electronically via ELinks. No postcards will be mailed home with routing information. MEVSD parents should use their student ID number for both username and password to login. Parents of private/parochial students served by our district can log on using their 10-digit home phone number for their username and password.
Throughout the school year, the district continues to receive new students and students with a change of address. These changes may impact the routing slightly throughout the year. We ask that parents give us a 5-7 minute window or check ELinks for updates.
- MEVSD parents use your child's student ID number for both the username and password.
- Private/parochial students served by Milford Schools use your 10-digit phone number for both username and password.
- Click on “work with students.”
- Click on “view my students.”
- Click on your “student's name” to view transportation record.
The district has a contract with Petermann Bus Company for the management of the department and the leasing of a majority of the buses. Petermann is also the employer of the transportation staff, so all Milford bus drivers are Petermann employees.
What's a School Counselor?
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kaitlyn Richter and I will serve as the NGC
School Counselor for your student this year. School Counselors are licensed educators who improve the success of students through the domains of college/career readiness, academic success, and social/emotional support. It is my goal to support ALL students, and foster an environment that allows them to create a future where they can thrive. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me this year if you have any questions.
Medication Drop Off
Patty Price BSN, RN, LSN
Mrs. Donna Hamblin, LPN
NGC Office Team Contacts
High School Twitter Accounts to Follow
Milford Schools - @Milford_Schools
Mr. Spieser (MEVSD Superintendent) - @Milford_Super
Dr. Arnold (MHS Principal) - @Dr_Tyler_Arnold
Mr. Yeager (NGC Associate Principal) - @MrDYeager
Mr. Haluga (MHS Assistant Principal - 11th) - @MHS_Haluga
Mrs. Kauffman (MHS Assistant Principal - 10th) - @MHS_KKauffman
Mr. Metzger (MHS Assistant Principal - 12th) - @mrkmetzger
Mr. Hatfield (Milford Academy Principal) - @MHS_SuccessAcad
Milford Athletics - @Milford_Eagles