IN THE KNOW....
This Week's Shout OUTS:
Second grade for quick starting intervention for math and literacy.
To Kayleigh "Red" O'Neal who gave me my first belly laugh in six months this week.
To Marsha Harms because she gave me a hug when I needed it.
To Delisa and Joan for helping Holli and Ms. Wade in the cafeteria and playground…thank you!
- To Deb Maples for being a wonderful, compassionate colleague. I feel honored to work with you.
- To Colby for organizing all the money from the Crazy Hat/ Hair Day!
- To Jorge, Renee and Darryl for keeping us going while Vicky needed to be out this week.
- To the Makerspace Committee organizing a terrific Inventor's Day next week!
PES Core Beliefs
- Everyone is of value and has a gift to share.
- We each learn at a different pace.
- Everyone deserves a quality education.
- Relationships are key.
- Teaching the whole child is essential.
- Every child deserves a fair chance.
You Don't Want to Miss This!
Don’t forget to join Pinehurst Elementary Relay for Life team and come out to support on May 13th! Below is a link to sign up – remember all proceeds from Jeans Day will benefit Relay for Life.
Inventor's Day - Thursday
A schedule will be sent out by Rebekah Day explaining your time for Thursday, February 11th. The only classes who will have specials on this day is 1st and 5th grades due to the specials teachers running the events. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to a terrific time learning about inventors great and small!
In the Week Ahead.....
Pledge - Dexter
Bus Duty pm - Hilyard
Auditorium - Davidson/Rallings
Bus/Cafeteria am - Rodgers
Carpool IA am - McInnis
Mentor Meeting - Conference Room 3pm
Parent Advisory Council Meeting 7:30am
Faculty Meeting 3pm
WE LOVE YOU LUNCH!!!!! Valenti's is bringing sustenance!
In the Coming Weeks....
Optional Teacher Workday
February 17, 18, 19
COGAT - 3rd grade only - 8am each day
Second Grade Performance - 1:45pm
Second Grade Evening Performance - 6:30pm
TAC after school - 3pm
Progress Reports - TR
March 3 and 4
NCTIES Conference - one person per grade level
Battle of the Books Competition at PES (Several Elementary Schools)
End of Quarter - YR; Report Cards Due to Mrs. Ciccone
Schoolwide performance of The Lion King
YR Report Cards
Evening Performance of The Lion King
March 10- April 6
YR Track Out