Is your child ready for
Preparation for kindergarten
- Encourage your child to participate in group activities by joining a sport team or being in a camp program before kindergarten begins. The more your child feels comfortable working in a group, the better they will feel when they go to school.
- Practice tracing over letters and numbers with your child by using a pencil. A few other fun ways to practice is by using a water gun, a spray bottle or a paint brush.
- The most important thing that you can do for your child is to read books to them everyday because it helps develop their language and reading skills.
- Touring the school can definitely help your child's first day not to be so overwhelming. By taking your child to visit the school at different times of the day, they can see what the other children do.
- Teaching your child to always say "please" and "thank you" and also listening without interrupting are all very important manners to have.
For more information please visit
33 Ways to Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten