From Dr. Duffy, James Monroe High School
October 11, 2021
It's Homecoming Week!!!
Spirit Week Daily Themes
Tuesday: Color Wars
- Freshman - Purple
- Sophomores - Red
- Juniors - Green
- Seniors - Blue
- Staff - Pink
- students and staff post and use the tag #JMSpiritWeek21 and tag SCA account
Friday: JM Spirit Day—wear your black and orange
- Students and staff walk to Maury Stadium for a pep rally.
- Bus riders and car riders are picked up at Maury Stadium.
- Follow early release academic schedule
- Indoor and outdoor activities at JMHS
- All participants must wear masks for all indoor and outdoor activities
- Walk to Maury Stadium
- Must stay on sidewalks
- Pep Rally at Maury Stadium
- Bus riders and car riders picked up at Maury Stadium
Vaccination Clinic on 10/22/21 Update
James Monroe High School will host a vaccination clinic on Friday, October 22, for students who received their first does on October 1st. This clinic is only for those scheduled to receive their 2nd dose.
Vaccination Required for Winter/Spring Athletics
Beginning November 8, Fredericksburg City Public Schools students will need to show proof of full vaccination in order to participate in athletics, out-of-season practices, and workouts.
- This requirement involves Virginia High School League winter and spring sports. It does not impact fall student-athletes.
- Students who refuse will not be allowed to participate in sports.
- Students who are not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine due to religious reasons will be exempt from the requirement. They will need to provide the reason for their religious exemption to the school in writing. Students who are not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine due to documented health or medical reasons will be exempt from the requirement. They will need to provide documentation of a medical exemption from their physician. Students can do this through a letter from the doctor stating the student has a medical condition that prevents them from receiving the vaccine on the doctor's office letterhead.
- These students must submit negative test results on a weekly basis. Also, unvaccinated students will be required to submit a negative test before returning to play after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case.