The Glacier Bear Gazette
News from the Principal's Desk
Help Your Child Succeed in School: Build the Habit of Good Attendance Early
- Starting in preschool and kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10%, or about 2 days each month over the course of a school year, can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just 1 or 2 days every few weeks.
- Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
- Absences and tardiness can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Arts Integration Night
Thank you to all of our families that were able to attend our Arts Integration Night! What an amazing evening of collaboration and fun. If you weren't able to attend, here is a short video about Arts Integration and how it engages students with learning.
Bucket Filler Awards
Veterans Day - Friday, Nov. 11th - NO STUDENT ATTENDANCE
End of Trimester #1 - Friday, Nov. 11th (Report Cards will be sent out by Nov. 16th)
Thanksgiving Break - Thursday, Nov. 24th/Friday, Nov. 25th