ECISD Robotics Invitational - Get your robotics on!!!!
Instructional Technology Specialists Wendy & Renee getting ready to judge.
Some of our ECISD Technology team with Ms. Nannette Kelton.
Judges Matthew, Luke, & Lyn getting ready for the next round.
Coding in the Classroom:
This week is the annual "Hour of Code". This is an hour-long introduction to computer programming that is both fun and free.
- KHAN Academy
Ready to start your Hour of Code?
- Use blocks of code to take Steve or Alex on an adventure through this Minecraft world.
- Hour of Code Resources & Tools
- Library Success-One stop shop for great ideas and information for all types of libraries. http://www.libsuccess.org
- Google Books- The goal of Google is “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful". http://books.google.com
- Google Scholar-Google Scholar is a freely accessible Web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines. http://scholar.google.com/
- HathiTrust.com-This site brings together 50 research institutions and libraries across the United States and Europe. Over 9 million volumes have been digitized and over 2.5 million are in the public domain. http://www.hathitrust.org/
- If you want to research what a web site looked like years ago, try the Wayback machine.The Wayback Machine is a great example of "digital footprints" when discussing digital citizenship with students. http://archive.org/web/web.php
Professional Development with Instructional Technology
Our Instructional Technology Specialists offer many face to face Professional Development sessions. The list below includes examples of sessions that can be provided. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a session, please call 432-456-8489.
- Integrating Technology into the Classroom
- Building SMART Lessons
- Increasing Student Engagement with Nearpod
- iPads in the Classroom
- Classroom response systems
- SMART Notebook-Building Interactive Lessons
- OneNote in the Classroom
- Technology Tools for Formative Assessment
- Help students stay organized with Office 365 & OneDrive
SMART Notebook Professional Development has been effective throughout the district for many teachers.
Cavazos students utilizing SMART Tools!!!!
We'd love to hear from you.
Please send us examples of you or your students utilizing Technology in the classroom.